Laptop for less than 25K.

_AkasH_

Broken In
I'm looking to buy a laptop for my dad.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Less than 25K. 25K is pushing it, pre

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
No

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Corel Draw, Photoshop, Mailing, browsing, Skype.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
As high as possible.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
I don't care about the OS. I have Win8 and will probably be dual booting LinuxMint/Ubuntu.
I want it to be well built (strong). There will be kids in my house who may end up pulling it/dropping it. I don't want something very brittle.

I found this after digging around : HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph): Flipkart.com

Thanks,
Akash

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
go for the one you selected. Else you'll have to settle for Pentium Dual Core with worst graphics performance.

OP
A

_AkasH_

Broken In
Yeah, everything else was dual core around this price range. Thanks, if there are any Dell's around 27K, I can buy those too. Friend is an employee and gets 20% off. But I couldn't find any.

diagus

Journeyman
how about Acer Aspire 5560G with AMD Quad Core A6 3420M
Acer Aspire 5560G Laptop (APU Quad Core A6/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) (NX.RUNSi.003): Flipkart.com

OP
A

_AkasH_

Broken In
Thanks, that looks great.

I'm looking at this : Buy HP Pavilion g6-1378ea 15.6" Laptop - Charcoal | Free Delivery | Currys

Does anyone know if laptop warranty is worldwide?

EDIT : How is Acer's after sales service?

sumit_anand

Ask the man who owns one!
Both the laptops that you have in mind are the good ones, If you can increase your budget a bit, then you have a look at the Dell or Toshiba laptops as well...The HP pavilion you suggested is worth buying.

Top Bottom