Laptop for animation works between 30-35K

sntshkmr60

Broken In
i need a laptop for my academic use (i'm a animation student though). i'm not prefering desktop because am not at home.

a friend of mine says that he also had laptop for the same reason but software like maya and 3Ds max forced him buy a desktop

- - - Updated - - -

let it be DOS or no OS

- - - Updated - - -

i'v researched a bit and found many laptops that fit my criteria, all they need is RAM upgrade..

yet i want professional's advice.. Also because autodesk is bit choosy in terms of graphics cards i guess..

- - - Updated - - -

you guys must be knowing the hardware requirements of the softwares i mentioned, but let me recall it again..

processor: 64-bit multicore 2.0GHz+
RAM: 8GB
graphics memory: 1GB (autodesk compatible)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
No laptop in this budget will be able to handle softwares like 3Ds max and maya well.
Either increase budget to 1 lakh 50k+ or buy a desktop. You can keep desktop in dorm room.
Performance of graphic card depends on model no. and not on graphics memory.

The problem is, in that price range you hardly get a laptop(even desktop) which can handle normal tasks well(transcoding and all), if you can increase your range even to 50K, you might just be able to get a laptop(with luck) with Intel quad core processor(most probably 3rd gen) or an Intel i5 3rd/4th gen, with an entry level nvidia GPU(quad core processor does help in rendering but i5 is still fine, and nvidia GPU might give a little push, I have heard that 630s are still lurking around). And a bit of advice, don't, however tempted you might be, buy laptop with AMD APUs, they absolutely fail at anything which is stressful for the processor.

Some suggestions(if you really want to buy a laptop around that range) :
Acer Aspire E1-571G Laptop (3rd Gen Corei5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) (NX.M7CSI.004) Rs.40490 Price in India - Buy Acer Aspire E1-571G Laptop (3rd Gen Corei5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) (NX.M7CSI.004) Black Online - Acer: Flipkart.com
(Has a 710, still fermi I guess, but nvidia has awesome driver support, which might benefit the applications you want to run)
Lenovo Essential G500 (59-370339) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Rs.39931 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential G500 (59-370339) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
(Has a AMD GCN gpu, open CL performance might be better than nvidia 710/630/720~ but drivers might create a problem)

Top Bottom