Laptop for After Effects, Photoshop, Light Gaming

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Lets hope i get hold of 'some' laptop tomorrow ! Will keep this thread updated :p

PS: btw can you point me to a cheap, good, Sata USB converter. Have imp data in my old laptop, need it asap.

do you have a large pendrive or external Hard Disk or LAN Cable ?
it would save you approximately 350 bucks(on ebay.in)
you can also get them locally

OP
J

joshi.varun91

Broken In
do you have a large pendrive or external Hard Disk or LAN Cable ?
it would save you approximately 350 bucks(on ebay.in)
you can also get them locally
I have all three of those! But i dont have a SATA Connector?! Can you point me to the ebay link for it ?

Hey btw, June 2 is WWDC conference, apple might roll out new macbook air ... hahahah :p :p

- - - Updated - - -

OK. So here's the deal.

MacBook air isnt my cup of tea, i really don't see the practicality of the MBA for my purpose. Asking my 4 friends who have the same 13inch Macbook Air was fruitless, as the only defense they gave against the high price ( medium config ) was that " Just buy it only then you'll realize the power of MacOS as compared to windows ". I like playing games, i love post processing high res pictures and video editing. I think the MBA will be a bottleneck to my wants.

So finalized between these 3 :
1) HP
2) Dell
3) Lenovo
4) Macbook Air ( snapdeal : 62k ) : really need a strong reason.

I promise this is the last time i bug you guys :p
I'm leaning towards HP. Cheap, strong config.

Sorry i dont know how to mention someone!
your insight please
your insight please
your insight please
your insight please

Last edited:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
if i were to buy a laptop, i'd have gone with either of the two : HP or Lenovo .
i'd stay away from ULV processors (in dell model)

to mention a person , type their username prefixed by "@"
like :
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Definitely HP but caution about snap deal !
Go to local HP dealer shop show him Snapdeal site and bargain to that price!He might give u!

Next is get personal hands on Lenovo and HP!
As build quality matters!Lenovo is great at it as always!

Only HP gives you 820m>8570

$hadow

Geek in making
Do one thing go and check out both HP and Lenovo models personally. There are times when you might like one over the another. So checking personally might help. Go for either of the two.

OP
J

joshi.varun91

Broken In
Do one thing go and check out both HP and Lenovo models personally. There are times when you might like one over the another. So checking personally might help. Go for either of the two.

Thanks.
But yesterday i went to the reliance digital store and pathetic service there. They have very few laptops and the guy had no idea about anything. He's very happy to say 2GB gpu, but i asked which one, hes like there are only 2 models, nvidia and ati. I asked which ATI, he told there is only one. I went to catalyst and showed him, he told thats serial number. Ok thanks :)

I'm in mysore, really dont know many shops here as im new to the place. hence going with the online option. Many have advised me to wait till 2nd june for WWDC and wait for the refreshed air lineup. Maybe prices for the current air might go down. dunno.

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks.
But yesterday i went to the reliance digital store and pathetic service there. They have very few laptops and the guy had no idea about anything. He's very happy to say 2GB gpu, but i asked which one, hes like there are only 2 models, nvidia and ati. I asked which ATI, he told there is only one. I went to catalyst and showed him, he told thats serial number. Ok thanks :)

I'm in mysore, really dont know many shops here as im new to the place. hence going with the online option. Many have advised me to wait till 2nd june for WWDC and wait for the refreshed air lineup. Maybe prices for the current air might go down. dunno.
waiting do not hurt but waiting too much will sometimes becomes a pain. Since june is round the corner better wait.

OP
J

joshi.varun91

Broken In
hey guys,
sorry for the delayed reply. When the new digit website was launched, i was not able to login. But i kept checking this thread.
Anyways , i went with the Macbook Air 13 inch. Got it from Snapdeal at 63k.

I was initially not inclined to go for it, but as i said previously, my friends and family, both literally forced me to go for it. And im just spellbounded by it. Its way too good.

I haven't run After effects till now but did a lot of work on Lightroom, Photoshop and iMovie. iMovie in itself is such a great peace of software. Right now im thinking to go with Final cut pro or after effects,.
Anyways, there is NO lag at all. Boottime is max 4 seconds.
Totally worth the price, IMHO.

Top Bottom