Laptop for After Effects, Photoshop, Light Gaming

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
can we replace processors on a laptop that easily ?
and are those mobile processors available in retail at such decent prices.
I'll be seriously damned. :rolleyes:

1.In laptops where the CPUs are not soldered --->yes!(Lenovo ones usually)
2.This will most likely void the warranty.
3.One has to be very careful when opening the laptop(make sure you don't have static electricity on you).
4.A good thermal paste is recommended but this CPU will take as much power and produce as much heat as a core i5M processor.
5.You won't get "retail" processors. Intel sells directly to OEMs and custom laptop builders. Such processors are available at eBay. A trustworthy seller with the tag "Top rated Plus" is suggested.
6. eg. *www.ebay.com/itm/QTY-1x-Intel-CPU-...DEN-/141293547769?pt=CPUs&hash=item20e5c070f9

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
also available on Newegg, much complicated process, AFAIK
and i7 mobile proccys are available for atleast 23k bucks.
buying a laptop having i7 inbuilt will be better, IMO.

it will cost about 50k even after he finds a person ready to buy the removed i3 processor.
surely not worth the hassle and the price too.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
edit : googled. its possible but go through this first :
*www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-034408.htm

The problem occurs when you try to match an older chipset with the next gen processor series.
No problems for Haswell because it uses a brand new socket. The problems will arise if one tries to put a Broadwell processor in it.

- - - Updated - - -

also available on Newegg, much complicated process, AFAIK
and i7 mobile proccys are available for atleast 23k bucks.
buying a laptop having i7 inbuilt will be better, IMO.

it will cost about 50k even after he finds a person ready to buy the removed i3 processor.
surely not worth the hassle and the price too.

I have shown you a link for i7 MQ for 10k bucks. No need to sell the i3. Obviously buying an i7 laptop is a better option but the cheapest one costs around 56k.

OP
J

joshi.varun91

Broken In
not sure about the "authorise reseller" problem
the time i bought that lkaptop, it was priced at 41276 ( + or - few bucks)
a new year offer reduced it to 39.982k ( + or - few bucks) and a further discount coupon of 3 percent brought it to 37782 bucks.

but if it is discontinued, cant be sure.
the s510p is thinner. and if you can loose out on the grafics card, its available for 35.79k on flipkart : *www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-s5...=b_3&ref=3aeab49b-01ea-4b8a-add0-10159241a3ba

but this doesn't have a graphics card

BTW, flipkart shows the webcam on G510 as 720p HD, believe me, it sucks. its not more than 0.3 MP

Wow this really getting irritating and confusing. I was about to order from flipkart through COD, but a friend of mine told there is some weird policy that if you opt for COD the 30 days replacement guarantee isnt there...i dunno man, im really getting irritated and confused and gave my piece of mind to the shopkeeper.
He assured me of the laptop, then i went ahead got hold of finances now hes asking me to go for a new one,costlier one.
I actually do not have a penny above 40k. Guess will have to wait :mad::mad::mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Just on a side note, if you want the "best performing laptop" within 40k then you can buy this:
*www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-g510-59398411-laptop-4th/1805117198
and replace CPU with a core i7 4702MQ which costs as low as 10k.

Thanks for the suggestion but i'm way out of the league for adventures like these !!!

OP
J

joshi.varun91

Broken In
I cant really make more than 40k, so thinking of settling down with the dell @39k.
Compustore, dells official seller, is giving 1 year accidental coverage and warranty, and a targus bag. Cool for 39k?
Lenovo g510(the one im looking at) costs 43k , 4k difference justified ?
Ahhhh im going mad

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
which dell model.
can you refer to the link please ?
dell packs ULV processors in most of their laptops. so, lenovo will be better.
but first, link to the dell model please.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
dont know about the GPU, but the processor is inferior to the lenovo one.
its 4210U U for ULV for Ultra low voltage.
it uses less power, but also delivers less power.
let more replies slide in.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
:lol:
i have a budget essential G510 laptop with i5 4200M
you have yogas and inspirons.
kuch toh socho bhai

what do you guys think? Can my i5 4200M reach much alongside with your i7 4500U
anyways your's is worth more than 70k AFAIK,
mine is 37.782k , so no fair cometition .
:hissyfit:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
:lol:
i have a budget essential G510 laptop with i5 4200M
you have yogas and inspirons.
kuch toh socho bhai

what do you guys think? Can my i5 4200M reach much alongside with your i7 4500U
anyways your's is worth more than 70k AFAIK,
mine is 37.782k , so no fair cometition .
:hissyfit:

Just so you know, i5 4200M>i7 4500U

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Wow this really getting irritating and confusing. I was about to order from flipkart through COD, but a friend of mine told there is some weird policy that if you opt for COD the 30 days replacement guarantee isnt there...i dunno man, im really getting irritated and confused and gave my piece of mind to the shopkeeper.
He assured me of the laptop, then i went ahead got hold of finances now hes asking me to go for a new one,costlier one.
I actually do not have a penny above 40k. Guess will have to wait :mad::mad::mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion but i'm way out of the league for adventures like these !!!

Why don't you get a desktop ?. For 40K a desktop will have MUCH MORE POWER TO OFFER THAN ANY AVAILABLE LAPTOP.

If you don't want to have a desktop assembled, get one of these ready-made configs.

*www.compuindia.com/dell-desktops/d...ron-desktop-3647-i5-4440-4gb-ram-1tb-hdd.html

This system is very powerful and will meet all your requirements with the added advantage of being upgradable.

Cheers!
Abhijit

OP
J

joshi.varun91

Broken In
hmmm... good one.

Sorry for the late reply guys.

Desktop option is ok, but i prefer a mobile option, moreover the desktop wont have moniter, ups etc right ? No money to buy that separately.

HP, though everyone (including me) had qualms about HP; overheating issues especially, even mine(1110ax) used to be like an oven, some attribute it to the AMD processor, anyways, even though i used my HP to the max and a very rouge usage, it lasted me 5 years and thats pretty great acc to me. Even the build quality was way better than the other laptops.
I'll check it out. Going to the local reliance digital store tomorrow. Will finalize something!!!!!!!

heheh, but hows MacBookAir ( emi option ofcourse :p ). 3 of my closest friends have that, and they are mad about it. One of them uses after effects albeit not hardcore, just normal stuff, and he told its pretty good. (13 inch core i5 dual core 1.3Ghz, retailing at 66k from currentz chandigarh). And they were like , yea you'll get better config, but apple does it best. (not starting an apple vs window war). Also, its so slim and very portable, great battery life.

I'm sorry but im really fickle minded, my mind wanders a lot and i base my decision on others opinions :p To tell you the truth i even checked out desktops you guys suggested and had a half mind in buyin that :p hahaha

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for the late reply guys.

Desktop option is ok, but i prefer a mobile option, moreover the desktop wont have moniter, ups etc right ? No money to buy that separately.

HP, though everyone (including me) had qualms about HP; overheating issues especially, even mine(1110ax) used to be like an oven, some attribute it to the AMD processor, anyways, even though i used my HP to the max and a very rouge usage, it lasted me 5 years and thats pretty great acc to me. Even the build quality was way better than the other laptops.
I'll check it out. Going to the local reliance digital store tomorrow. Will finalize something!!!!!!!

heheh, but hows MacBookAir ( emi option ofcourse :p ). 3 of my closest friends have that, and they are mad about it. One of them uses after effects albeit not hardcore, just normal stuff, and he told its pretty good. (13 inch core i5 dual core 1.3Ghz, retailing at 66k from currentz chandigarh). And they were like , yea you'll get better config, but apple does it best. (not starting an apple vs window war). Also, its so slim and very portable, great battery life.

I'm sorry but im really fickle minded, my mind wanders a lot and i base my decision on others opinions :p To tell you the truth i even checked out desktops you guys suggested and had a half mind in buyin that :p hahaha

you can have a good desktop WITH monitor and UPS, etc within 40k
but since you say mobility, here goes mobility.
i'd suggest the HP one.
laptops will heat up when you do adobe stuff.
its your choice.
EMI will kind of bind you. but thats just my mentality. you think about yours and go forward.
it would be better if you buy from flipkart then reliance digital as in reliance digital and many others like it have higher prices.
they might, though give you freebies. so calculate and choose.

OP
J

joshi.varun91

Broken In
you can have a good desktop WITH monitor and UPS, etc within 40k
but since you say mobility, here goes mobility.
i'd suggest the HP one.
laptops will heat up when you do adobe stuff.
its your choice.
EMI will kind of bind you. but thats just my mentality. you think about yours and go forward.
it would be better if you buy from flipkart then reliance digital as in reliance digital and many others like it have higher prices.
they might, though give you freebies. so calculate and choose.

thanks a lot man, i really sound silly! Will check out and finalize tomorrow :)
Thanks really.

Top Bottom