Laptop for about 50 K for extreme laptop user

harman90

Broken In
HI ! I am extreme Laptop user (15- 18 hours a day) , as my work depends on it.

So durability is important for me. I earlier had studio series dell laptop and it was very fragile. But I liked the service of the dell. (call them and they were at home replacing the part within a week without any hassle)

So please suggest me any Brand laptop! ( but they must be providing hassle free home replacement service like dell) I also would like to use it for gaming, some high end softwares like aftereffect! plus I also like to do audio editing in it.
I am also thinking of having dual boot with mac on it.

My budget could be increased to a little extent if there is any exceptional choice.
Please suggest !! and with your suggestion please let me know the pro and cons of each model :) :)

Your help would be highly appreciated. :lol:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Get an inspiron turbo or the normal inspiron (if u dont mind ulv CPUs) or even the hp g6 or a vaio
Samsung has bad service and im not sure about asus (i have owned atleast one of hp dell vaio and Samsung)

Dell and Lenovo seem to be the most durable cuz I have had an experience with them for a long time. My friend got the Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 59-370611 15.6" Notebook about a year ago. Has been using it for office work ever since. Dont think he faced any major issues with it. Do check it out and see if it meets your requirements. Good luck.

OP
H

harman90

Broken In
hi ! Does lenovo Provides Full cover like of Dell ?

Get an inspiron turbo or the normal inspiron (if u dont mind ulv CPUs) or even the hp g6 or a vaio
Samsung has bad service and im not sure about asus (i have owned atleast one of hp dell vaio and Samsung)

Hi ! Thank you for reply !
What are disadvantages of ULV cpu's ?

$hadow

Geek in making

The disadvantage is the lack of performance you will get. Ulv processors provide good battery backup but they are kinda crappy in terms of gaming and processor needing apps. These will always left you requiring more power.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

i5-3337U provides 25% less performance over a normal third gen i5.

Check out Sony vaio SVF15219SNB. 1080p, decent gpu, awesome speakers, plus Vaio has also started giving accidental warranty on select models, this including. Touchscreen factor may turn off but that's a trade off for 1080p.

OP
H

harman90

Broken In
Actually I have decided on Hp or Dell.

Please clear one thing ! If I buy a laptop from ebay. The sellers say its under dell or hp's warranty of 1 year.
Will hp or dell covers this warranty ?

(actually Dell local dealer told me that product from ebay are directly imported, so dell doesnt cover the warranty ?)

How is HP's Pavilion 15-e notebook series and M6 series or Dells Inspiron series? Which one would be the best ?
(

ashusood331

Broken In
Actually I have decided on Hp or Dell.

Please clear one thing ! If I buy a laptop from ebay. The sellers say its under dell or hp's warranty of 1 year.
Will hp or dell covers this warranty ?

(actually Dell local dealer told me that product from ebay are directly imported, so dell doesnt cover the warranty ?)

How is HP's Pavilion 15-e notebook series and M6 series or Dells Inspiron series? Which one would be the best ?
(

For Dell or HP's warranty of 1 year, the products do covers the warranty & you can contact the service centres in case you find any problem for product repair or installation.
I would suggest that if you are planning to purchase the laptop online, then you can opt for the other online stores such as infibeam, Snapdeal & ezoneonline where you will find range of laptops with related warranty i.e. 1 Year Onsite Warranty With Accidental Damage Protection.
You can refer to the comparision summary which I have listed below by comparing the notebook series from the 2 brands, with the pros & cons:
I would suggest to go with HP Pavilion notebook which delivers a higher-end look and feel, has superior speaker setup with better configuration options. Moreover as you are looking for a better gaming experience and system which support some high end softwares (dual boot with mac) then I would suggest you to opt for HP's Pavilion 15-e notebook series which you can get at better price savings from the above referred online stores.

OP
H

harman90

Broken In
Hi ! I am getting HPM6 for 54000 at local store !! >>>
HP ENVY m6-1104tx Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Support

I am getting the same feature in HP 15e series as well at 47000 (its comes with 4gb ram and they will add 4gb extra ram in it)

So which one should I go for ? Is it good deal ?

Please help me as I want to buy it by today !

engineer@work

Right off the assembly line
@$shadow

Need a laptop withing 55k !!!
Main purpose programming and gaming (rarely on week end)
Confused betwwen ideapad z500 and s06In

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

+1000000 z500 its a great lappie and better than dell in terms of performance (at the moment)
Btw dont listen to ppl who will tell u 720p screens are horrible etc they are perfectly fine and no difference is seen unless ur laptops small screen unless ur a professional photographer , designer etc
And ulv CPUs aren't very bad as such its just that in comparison to regular laptop CPUs they aren't very optimised for gaming but can still handle decent amounts which is acceptable for an ultra book sized laptop not a 5521 which is the same size as my 7520 which is a big jump in performance :))
Hope I helped :))

Ohh and even the hp looks like a decent deal

vivek1739

Broken In
8850 with ddr5 is almost 3 times as powerful as gt 740m ie 93 Gtexls to 36 gtexls..
Bt the i5 is 1.6 ghZ trbo boostd to 2.6
Dnt knw wht combination they make..:D

Top Bottom