Laptop for 50K

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bump . :bump:

Well , I am in the final stages . I am more or less settled on the following configuration .

Dell XPS 15
Second Generation i3
500Gb
4Gb Ram
2Gb Nvidia GT 540M.

for 51K .

Is this what I should order or anybody has a better suggetion ?
get this.

OP
xtremevicky
Now the big question for me is do I spend that extra to get i5 second generation or settle for second generation i3.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Lemme quote myself -

Increase you budget to include Core i5 2xxx, if you can. Its worth that ~3k increment and makes your config somewhat future-proof than your current choice :)
Otherwise Core i3 2xxx will be enough for your mentioned tasks - gaming, movies and surfing.

For performance difference between - i3 2310 and i5 2410, use the links in my previous post.

OP
xtremevicky
I know what you said that is why I am inclined to put my savings on i5. Thanks for that Info.

XPS 15 will be ordered today or tomorrow !

Thanks for the all the help guys . I will post the performance and tests when the laptop arrives.

OP
xtremevicky
After a long weekend , I have booked my XPS 15.

i5 2410
4GB Ram
500gb HDD
2GB Nvidia GT 540M .

54.6K . No freebies but who cares ?

karan_c1990

Broken In
Bro try cancelling your XPS if possible,

Check this one out HP Pavilion DV6 6017tx laptop Launch in India, Price and Specs + Video Unboxing*|*iGyaan.in

MUCH better config than XPS 15 , better processor(i7 2nd gen), better graphics( ATI/AMD hd 6770 beats Nvidia 540m on notebookcheck.net), BEATS audio(super premium audio) , and comes for 53K , it's a BEAST and pretty much a steal... I'm thinking of getting this asap.

This is the best deal I have seen in Indian market in YEARS..

Also, you get a HP backpack free with it..

OP
xtremevicky
Bro try cancelling your XPS if possible,

Check this one out HP Pavilion DV6 6017tx laptop Launch in India, Price and Specs + Video Unboxing*|*iGyaan.in

MUCH better config than XPS 15 , better processor(i7 2nd gen), better graphics( ATI/AMD hd 6770 beats Nvidia 540m on notebookcheck.net), BEATS audio(super premium audio) , and comes for 53K , it's a BEAST and pretty much a steal... I'm thinking of getting this asap.

This is the best deal I have seen in Indian market in YEARS..

Also, you get a HP backpack free with it..

I know the configuration is very good ! Play a game on it for 15 minutes and you will have a good enough place to cook food .

XPS 15 comes with JBL and beats HP's audio performance . Rest you can buy the laptop based on that configuration . If you read this thread then you will know that I also looked at that configuration .

karan_c1990

Broken In
I know the configuration is very good ! Play a game on it for 15 minutes and you will have a good enough place to cook food .

XPS 15 comes with JBL and beats HP's audio performance . Rest you can buy the laptop based on that configuration . If you read this thread then you will know that I also looked at that configuration .

I don't see any posts with an i7 config. on this thread,

Also,(just asking for my knowledge since I am interested in buying the HP one) how do you know the HP heats too much?

OP
xtremevicky
I don't see any posts with an i7 config. on this thread,

Also,(just asking for my knowledge since I am interested in buying the HP one) how do you know the HP heats too much?

I viewed 6017 TX . I know HP heats so much because my friend has it . We dont need Gas to boil Milk .

Whenever you like a laptop read atleast 5 reviews of it before putting that in the shortlist . Read the Dell XPS 15 review on notebookcheck . It has a score of 87 . I dont have i7 and full hd so 80 is a good enough score there .

karan_c1990

Broken In
I can't find any 6017TX reviews sadly , but the Dell is a great machine too so good luck with it buddy. I will probably wait out a bit more till I get a few feedbacks about the HP one.

Top Bottom