Laptop for 50K

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if

India , Bangalore / Bhopal

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP , Lenovo , Dell
b. Dislike: Acer .

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this Laptop?

Lots of Internet Surfing , Games , Lots of Data (GBS) , Movies .

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?

No ( At home only)

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?

Yes , FIFA , FM , COD , MOHAA , UT .

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
I am ready to compromise on this

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?

Offline Deal

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 7
Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
NA

12) Any special requirement ?
1GB GFX
Minimum 500 GB HDD
Minimun 4GB RAM
Minimum i3 Processor

Well , I think i have specified my needs . Suggestions please ?

pauldmps

Banned
How many days can you wait ?

I'm asking this because newer sandy-bridge based laptops will soon start flooding the market and the current lineup would get outdated.

OP
xtremevicky
I guess I can wait for some 15 days or so ! If you are really suggesting me to wait more than that and If I can get a good deal then I can wait for more time .

pauldmps

Banned
Newer sandy-bridge processors are 40-50% faster than the earlier Nehalm processors & they are even more power efficient.

The only choice available for a sandy-bridge laptop is Dell XPS15 which slightly exceeds your budget (by 5-10k). If you are a student, you can get a 5% discount.

See this: The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

The default GT-525M GPU is bad for gaming. The GT-540M is mid-level but can handle most games in low-mid settings. Add carry-case to it & the total price goes to about 55k.

Still the GT-540M is not a great GPU for gaming. That is why I'm asking you to wait & let other brands release their offerings.

OP
xtremevicky
Well I am prepaid to wait then . What are my options in HP ?

ATI Readon 1gb cards are coming with it . I think they are good enough .

Also , When are the Sandy-Bridge processors coming in India ? ( In every laptop )

pauldmps

Banned
I'm guessing that it would take probably April end to mid May for other brands to launch their laptops.

I think you have no idea of graphics cards. Don't judge GPUs on the basis of 1GB, 2GB, etc. The power of GPUs depend on the specific model. For example: 512MB HD5650 will run almost all games in med-high settings while 1GB HD 550V will fail to run any game in high settings.

OP
xtremevicky
Well , I have to buy the laptop at the end of this month as I have urgent work in the begining of may.

So , Suggestions guys ?

OP
xtremevicky
How are these Laptops HP Pavilion Dv4- 3016 TX

Which has AMD Radeon HD 6750M (1 GB DDR5)
and

HP Pavilion DV6-3225TX

Which has a better GFX ?
I cannot find the price for these two Anyone can tell me ??

Something I am missing ?

Which has ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 6550 Graphics (1 GB DDR3 dedicated)

Last edited:
OP
xtremevicky
Bump . :bump:

Well , I am in the final stages . I am more or less settled on the following configuration .

Dell XPS 15
Second Generation i3
500Gb
4Gb Ram
2Gb Nvidia GT 540M.

for 51K .

Is this what I should order or anybody has a better suggetion ?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Increase you budget to include Core i5 2xxx, if you can. Its worth that ~3k increment and makes your config somewhat future-proof than your current choice :)
Otherwise Core i3 2xxx will be enough for your mentioned tasks - gaming, movies and surfing.

BTW, the HP laptop with 6750M looks great. 6750M is better than GT 540M. Call HP ReSeller to enquire its price.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Then getter stick with that GT540M. But note one thing, GT540M is not a hardcore piece of GPU for gamer. But still it can play games at decent settings.

OP
xtremevicky
Increase you budget to include Core i5 2xxx, if you can. Its worth that ~3k increment and makes your config somewhat future-proof than your current choice :)
Otherwise Core i3 2xxx will be enough for your mentioned tasks - gaming, movies and surfing.

BTW, the HP laptop with 6750M looks great. 6750M is better than GT 540M. Call HP ReSeller to enquire its price.

I looked around for those laptops they are having all sorts of heating issues . I know that has a better GFX but its having problems .

How much of a difference does have an i5 have over i3.

Then getter stick with that GT540M. But note one thing, GT540M is not a hardcore piece of GPU for gamer. But still it can play games at decent settings.

Yea i guess this is best GFX i can get at this price . :|

OP
xtremevicky
Look at this Sony Laptop

VPCCB15FG : C Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

Color will be black . I am told i can get this for 53K .

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Nain0 said:
6630M is inferior to GT
540M (and even to GT 525M)
really? Thanks for info :)
but wont the i5 outperform the i3?
rajeevk said:
Well I will recommend Dell 1525 which
I am using right now or XPS which is
little costlier.
No offence to you but lets not try to cofuse OP even more.

Top Bottom