Laptop for 100K

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
If u are serious abt using MAYA.. try checking Boxx laptops... they are made for 3d and rendering work... otherwise I would suggest to with a refurbished Alienware... u will get a good deal with good CPU and GPU options...

Just to make one point clear... i dont think any laptop except boxx comes with Quadro cards which is good for 3D work... a normal GPU will never help in any 3D solution.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
If u are serious abt using MAYA.. try checking Boxx laptops... they are made for 3d and rendering work... otherwise I would suggest to with a refurbished Alienware... u will get a good deal with good CPU and GPU options...

Just to make one point clear... i dont think any laptop except boxx comes with Quadro cards which is good for 3D work... a normal GPU will never help in any 3D solution.

Are these boxx lappy available in india?? What about cost & reliability and indian warranty!!!

checked out alienware @ dell store they are not offering VFM this customised XPS 15 would beat any Alienware lappy in same price bracket.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
To be frank, 70k is the sweet spot for gaming laptops in India. Anything more than that is pure waste of money. You better configure XPS 15 and with saved amount, get a console or something like Xperia Play.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
To be frank, 70k is the sweet spot for gaming laptops in India. Anything more than that is pure waste of money. You better configure XPS 15 and with saved amount, get a console or something like Xperia Play.

thank u desiibond but the laptop core requirement is not gaming.:cool:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
i am not sure of Boxx availability in India... I contacted them almost 2 yrs back but it was not coming at my budget so never took the details... not sure of the warrenty as well.... but I have worked on this once and it is SUPERB... fast and sweet...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ah okay. Did you check the professional notebooks from Dell and HP that come with Quadro GPU (my T61 came with NVS140-M).

rahul_c

Journeyman
I am used to windows and if u say i can use windows on apple then let me tell u its hardware efficiency on apple is not too high

OK. If want a windows laptop XPS is the best, if you have stores like croma check out apple mac book once. IMO it's actually better than windows.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
OK. If want a windows laptop XPS is the best, if you have stores like croma check out apple mac book once. IMO it's actually better than windows.

What about the software i bought all these years they won't run on mac and buying them all again is too expensive and yes we have store like croma here in gurgaon its the millennium city bro!!!:grin:

Infact i am even having a licensed windows 7 and if possible would try DELL people to give me lappy without any OS installed will save few 1000!!!

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^^ well i tried the same ... i asked them to configure my alienware without windows as I have a license copy... but they said that cannot be done :(

himangshu

Fluidic design!!!
You can checkout HP Envy 3D 17

Display size: 17inch @1920x1080

CPU: Core i5 480M

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 @1333MHz

GPU: Radeon HD 5850M

HDD: 640GB @7,200 RPM

Weight: 3.41kg

Price: Rs.93,000+tax

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
^^how much overall difference would be in computing power ( CPU and GPU) compared to my XPS config

Do HP offer extended warranty ( THis is important)

rahul_c

Journeyman
Check this - The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
Ubercool :cool:

What about the software i bought all these years they won't run on mac and buying them all again is too expensive and yes we have store like croma here in gurgaon its the millennium city bro!!!:grin:

Infact i am even having a licensed windows 7 and if possible would try DELL people to give me lappy without any OS installed will save few 1000!!!

Dell never sells laptop without OS.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Unofficially anything could happen!!!

Did u know that if u try to bargain with sales representative of Dell at phone ( The no is at site of dell india) they sometime give u a small discount or some free bundled accessory

It may not work at the first go but try it with 6-7 sales representative and someone will be ready to help u ( Actually these people have 2 sell a minimum no of lappy every month and people short of their target give u a discount by cutting company's commission)

rahul_c

Journeyman
^What do you think about Aleinware laptop link I gave earlier?

I didn't knew that, you should try at contacting at end of the month you may be lucky enough to find a desperate representative. ;-)

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
^What do you think about Aleinware laptop link I gave earlier?

I didn't knew that, you should try at contacting at end of the month you may be lucky enough to find a desperate representative. ;-)

Alienware as i aid earlier r too expensive as per the price on DELL india site

Yup i will buy lappy around 25 May - 1 June

PS:- If u find a good sales rep tell him 2 send a quotation 2 ur mailbox then and there only and just grab the offer . U have 2 make sure that u don't tell the quotation of 1 sales rep to another as it may get the first 1 in trouble ( At the end of the day u don't want someone cursing u )

Siva Lord

Broken In
Dell Precision M6600 Mobile Workstation
Price Not Available

i7 QM67 Processor
8GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia Quadro 4000M 2GB GDDR5 Memory

Top Bottom