Laptop does not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
I have Windows XP SP2 installed in a 160 GB SATA HDD. I want to use this SATA HDD on my laptop through SATA to USB casing.

While booting the HDD through USB, the laptop does not boot. The system restarts after the Windows XP logo is displayed.

PS: i dint know where to post this issue
if posted in wrong section ..mods \ admin plz move to correct one

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
booting the hdd through usb? go to your bios and set the boot priority or something similar to that and set the first book device to hdd of the laptop...if external device or usb device or something similar is there in no1 position..then thats the problem if not then it could be a power related problem..i think you are using a desktop size sata hdd and obviously the case should come with power adapter? but does it work in desktop through usb?

OP
salilrane

salilrane

.........Access Denied!!!
I had set the USB HDD as the 1st boot device in BIOS. Power adaptor is also available. The SATA HDD is booting well. But the problem starts after the Windows XP logo is shown. As soon as the logo is displayed, the system restarts automatically.

I have Vista Ultimate installed on my notebook.

i have enabled boot from USB option form ....bios also

Last edited:

skap

Broken In
Does that Windows XP have all drives for your motherboard? How did you install that XP? Choose F8 while booting and choose boot with log. I guess system restarts when it tries to load some driver and find conflict. Traceout that device in the log and let us know

trying booting in safe mode too

Last edited:

RexRazr

Broken In
i don't think u installed xp on that HDD as a part of ur lappy...so surely u're gonna have probs...i myself had once

RexRazr

Broken In
u need to reinstall (not repair) Windows from ur lappy to that usb HDD...don't install it again on any other pc or lappy...install while that HDD is plugged in to your own lappy where u wanna boot up from it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom