Laptop Cooling pad for 1500

I need a cooling pad for my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6 6119TX). Budget is around Rs 1600.

Please note that I mostly use my laptop in bed. Also it runs continuously for long hours - sometimes even for a couple of days at a stretch.
And lastly, I would like to buy it from Flipkart.com. So if possible, please provide the relevant product links.

Please also tell me the things one should look for while choosing to buy a cooling pad. For example, how important are 'fan dimensions' and 'fan speed'?

Thanks and regards,
Debojyoti Ghosh.

P.S. I wouldn't say no to something cool & stylish. ;-)

Last edited:

mohsin20

Broken In
I need a cooling pad for my laptop (HP Pavilion DV6 6119TX). Budget is around Rs 1600.

Please note that I mostly use my laptop in bed. Also it runs continuously for long hours - sometimes even for a couple of days at a stretch.
And lastly, I would like to buy it from Flipkart.com. So if possible, please provide the relevant product links.

Please also tell me the things one should look for while choosing to buy a cooling pad. For example, how important are 'fan dimensions' and 'fan speed'?

Thanks and regards,
Debojyoti Ghosh.

P.S. I wouldn't say no to something cool & stylish. ;-)

Best product of laptop is deepcool mutlicore x6. if u can find stock of course.
*www.flipkart.com/deepcool-multi-co...no=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=deepcool x6

its for approx 1700.

Last edited:
OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
@Mohsin: Thank you. However, I am hoping for more suggestions.

One of my friends bought a cooling pad today. Astrum's ACP102. I borrowed it for a day to test its performance.
It has a single 160cm fan which has a speed of around 1000 RPM.

It has been running for quite a few hours now, but I must say that I don't feel much of a difference. :-?

P.S. My laptop's air vents are on the left side and at the top.

Hrishi

Actually you won't find major difference in temperature when using laptop cooler. Most of them are just useless.
Buy a Coolermaster U2/u3 , and you can place the fans right at the fan inlets,.

If you want considerable temp. reduction then chaning the thermal paste to something more effective (if using stock paste.) , can make difference upto 7-10C in best scenarios.
You can also use a heat conductive metal plate as a thermal heat sink , below the laptop base.

Trsut me , I have designed a custom DIY cooler for the laptop , with 4 high performance 80mm desktop fans running at extreme speed. Even then they fail to reduce temp. If there's a way you can manage to throw the blow at heatsink , then its way more effective than anything else.

OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
@Rishi: Thank you for your reply. By the way, were you talking about this one - Notepal U2 - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com ?
If so, then it seems to be very good.

Just a single question though.

What if I don't attach the fans to the main cooling pad, and place one of them at the left side of my laptop facing the vent directly? It will still work, won't it?

P.S. Is its speed really 2000 - 3000 RPM? Sounds too good me. :)
But then, I don't have previous experience with these stuff.

-----------

Just watched that video and realized that the USB cable is attached to the fans themselves, not the board. Which means that I will be able to do what I said above. :)
Will most probably be buying this one after a couple of days.

Hrishi

@Rishi: Thank you for your reply. By the way, were you talking about this one - Notepal U2 - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com ?
If so, then it seems to be very good.

Just a single question though.

What if I don't attach the fans to the main cooling pad, and place one of them at the left side of my laptop facing the vent directly? It will still work, won't it?

P.S. Is its speed really 2000 - 3000 RPM? Sounds too good me. :)
But then, I don't have previous experience with these stuff.

-----------

Just watched that video and realized that the USB cable is attached to the fans themselves, not the board. Which means that I will be able to do what I said above. :)
Will most probably be buying this one after a couple of days.
Well first of all that a CM product. SO it has to be good. Its design is also very good.
And as far as the fan speed is mentioned , you should check the official CM website. If they say so , then it will be. Don't rely on flipkart for Tech. Details.

BTW , its very much possible that those fans might have that speed because they are not large fans. Medium-Small fans have to run at that speed.

mohsin20

Broken In
i have owned 3 cooler masters including an ergo but non have been exceptional for my hp. then i was browsing thru flipkart and came across the deepcool x6. its got 2x 1200 mm fans and 2x100 mm and all 4 can work simultaenously or you can select the big two or the small two. and the temp on hp is comparatively lower than the ergostand. Its difficult to find the ustand these days. most don't stock it anymore.

OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
@mohsin20: Does your HP laptop also have vents only on the left and at the top?
What is the approximate temperature difference that you get with and without using the X6?

@Rishi: Checked the official website. The fan speed is indeed 2000 +/- 300RPM.

mohsin20

Broken In
got vents at the left . not sure about the top. i am not at home. will post you screen shots of the temp once i return home on 12th

OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
@Mohsin20: Could you post those screenshots or tell me your laptop's model number? I wanted to know about its vents.

mohsin20

Broken In
@Mohsin20: Could you post those screenshots or tell me your laptop's model number? I wanted to know about its vents.

still not home. buddy. but my laptop is 2312ax. the exhaust vent is on the left side and intake vents are at the bottom. the difference in temp drop is approx 6-7 degrees when the pad is on.

mohsin20

Broken In
cooler masters are best but since i wasn't getting the one i was looking for. hence i bought the deepcool. and its worth every penny.

OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
@Mohsin20: Thanks for your replies. By the way, which Cooler Master model were you looking for?
And another question regarding the Deepcool X6 - I didn't see any slide lock or something near the bottom of the pad. So doesn't the laptop slide down?

Gtb93

In the zone
@Mohsin20: Thanks for your replies. By the way, which Cooler Master model were you looking for?
And another question regarding the Deepcool X6 - I didn't see any slide lock or something near the bottom of the pad. So doesn't the laptop slide down?

I quote this from a flipkart review-
Cons:-
1.The metal surface is very slippery,So while putting stands on,the laptop has a tendency to slip through,and deepcool don't provide any lockclip in mine.
2.No fan speed control mode.
3.A bit bigger in size(due to 4 fans) so travelling is difficult.

mohsin20

Broken In

nope the laptop doesnt slide. besides a 15.6 fits perfectly on the pad. for small laptops they provide two detachable rubbers that u can put anywhere on the top mesh and the laptop will stay still.

i was in search for cooler master notepal u
Notepal U Stand - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com

I quote this from a flipkart review-

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVri5nWuUNo

this video should answer most questions. ignore reviews for the moment

don't get me wrong. the best cooling pads are made by cooler master but bang for buck this pad is worth every penny, especially in the 1500 price range. there is no other pad in the market that can compete with deepcool for that price. however if u r loaded then the best in the market is the cooler master sf-19 wuth usb 3.0 ports for approx 5000 rs.

Top Bottom