daksh

Journeyman
17r SE with i7 is worth 95k.
It's got -
1. FHD
2. 2gb DDR5 3D 650m
3. 3d Display
4. Chicklet backlit
5. Mind you, the 17R SE has a subwoofer unlike 15. Hence sound will be comparable.

So jf you can get it cheaper, dont miss it at any cost.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
17r SE with i7 is worth 95k.
It's got -
1. FHD
2. 2gb DDR5 3D 650m
3. 3d Display
4. Chicklet backlit
5. Mind you, the 17R SE has a subwoofer unlike 15. Hence sound will be comparable.

So jf you can get it cheaper, dont miss it at any cost.
yeah only at high discounts as u said :D MAY be it can fit in ur budget

pratyush997

Inactive
note still ain't worth it...y580csn kick its ass anyday....get y580 from anywhere dude

note still ain't worth it...y580csn kick its ass anyday....get y580 from anywhere dude

daksh

Journeyman
It's not just about the GPU.
3d screen. Skullcandy with subwoofer. 17inch FHD.

And moreover you shouldnt be comparing US prices. Alienware base model is for 55k there and around 80k here. So if youre comparing about US prices y580 and 17rse are both for about 1100 USD, so them being in the same price Dell wins.

pratyush997

Inactive
^3d screen that too active 3d ...which aint good...gt 650 fails @fhd n jbl 3 2.1 config(w/ sub woofer)
and gtx 660m can kick dell's ass ......

^3d screen that too active 3d ...which aint good...gt 650 fails @fhd n jbl 3 2.1 config(w/ sub woofer)
and gtx 660m can kick dell's ass ......

daksh

Journeyman
17rse is skullcandy 2.1
gt 650 2gb ddr5 is almost as good as gtx 660m. Headover to notebook check to see.

Mayank Gupta

Right off the assembly line
I am quite aware of the price of the 17R, but as you said, I have to see if I can get that much discount. Then lets start playing the waiting game!!! Thank you all for your suggestions and help. It is much appreciated :D

Hey Abhishek,

So which one did you purchased? The Samsung one or the Dell? I am also looking forward to buy this N550 but got afraid after all this fuss. Please suggest.

helpmeout

Broken In
Best notebook with 650 high end graphics

Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook .It was earlier available at 58000

Here's the list

Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - Notebookcheck.net Tech
Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards - Notebookcheck.net Tech

OP
Abhishek Nama

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Hey Abhishek,

So which one did you purchased? The Samsung one or the Dell? I am also looking forward to buy this N550 but got afraid after all this fuss. Please suggest.

I postponed my purchase for now. I will buy during Diwali.

Best notebook with 650 high end graphics

Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook .It was earlier available at 58000

Here's the list

Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - Notebookcheck.net Tech
Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards - Notebookcheck.net Tech

Thanks for the list.

nick191

Journeyman
Guys i am also planning to buy laptop in same budget help me guys !
Samsung series 5 550P S02 or DELL INSPIRON 15R with i7 and 2 GB graphics and 8GB of RAM ?
Please help me guys ! Thanks ! I am buying it for GAMING.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Guys i am also planning to buy laptop in same budget help me guys !
Samsung series 5 550P S02 or DELL INSPIRON 15R with i7 and 2 GB graphics and 8GB of RAM ?
Please help me guys ! Thanks ! I am buying it for GAMING.

samsung NP550P5C S02-IN go for it bang for the buck!

Nishi Navin

Right off the assembly line
Yeah.
I got it for 63k. He got it from USA for me. As I didn't want 3D, he said he'll bring it from USA. He could have applied for the discounts there, but well, he was in rush. So he got it there on retail price.

Even I want to buy a laptop from Australia.
Can you tell me weather he had to pay any custom or duty charges for bringing your laptop??
Someone told me that if someone brings only one laptop he needn't pay anything but if he is having two laptops he will have to pay custom and duty charegs.

admn_head

Broken In
Abhishek, do share ur decision as even my shortlist are exactly same as u hav posted in ur original post.. :) .. my main concern for sammy is throttle issue reviewd by users on net due to graphic card drivers.. n many of my frndz say dell laptops has many issue dis days.. dont know wht to buy .. these companies dont understand worth of our money.. we paying almost morethan half a lac n get probs.. this is not v expect whn paying such amount.. btw, all in same dilema share ur final decision wid deal amount .. ;)

dude1

Journeyman
dude... under 65k there r only two lappys u cud consider(in india) the sammy, which i own....is nice looking beast that gets heated but not too seriously(still playing games for 4-6 hrs without any prob) ....and the y500 launched recently with a bit touchpad issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom