Laptop around 40k- 42k

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) :
Rs 40000 to 42000..

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15.6" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Only Sony, hp and dell.. No other brands please..

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Student stuff.. Nothing extreme just movies, programing(C, C++, JAVA, SQL), net browsing..

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Atleast an HD ready (720p) screen if not a full HD.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Since there would be no gaming taking place on the laptop, a very high end graphic card is not required..
The laptop should be able to do 2-3 years without any problem.

Thanks in advance..

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
I would suggest this
VFM at its best

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Has a quad core cpu @ 2.3Ghz Turbo upto 3.2Ghz
6GB Ram
1TB HDD
And to top it all off even a decent HD 7670 GPU (i know YOu said no gpu required but what is the harm its its present, take it as an added bonus).

Last edited:
OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
is it DDR5 or DDR3??

any other suggestion.. My friend wants to buy it tomorow or maybe day after tomorow so its kinda urgent..

tkin

Back to school!!
I would suggest this
VFM at its best

HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

Has a quad core cpu @ 2.3Ghz Turbo upto 3.2Ghz
6GB Ram
1TB HDD
And to top it all off even a decent HD 7970 GPU (i know u said no gpu required but what is the harm its its present, take it as an added bonus).
+1, best option, A10 beats i3 and as fast as i5, also in multithreaded its faster than i5, and 7670 is best gaming GPU short of GT640 which does not come at that price range.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
LOL Yeah it was typo :p
its HD 7670m

i had understood it was a typo..:)

A10 is as good as i5, in multithreaded beats it.

any laptop with intel processor.. My friend knows nothing about laptops and only thing he understands is i3, i5, i7.. Making him understand the AMD processor may be a little difficult.. And he is more of a looks guy than graphic one so he really wont mind if there is a graphic card or not..

well thanks everyone, my friend bought a laptop but i dont kmow which one.. thanks again..:)

Mod may close this thread..

tkin

Back to school!!
i had understood it was a typo..:)

any laptop with intel processor.. My friend knows nothing about laptops and only thing he understands is i3, i5, i7.. Making him understand the amd processor may be a little difficult.. And he is more of a looks guy than graphic one so he really wont mind if there is a graphic card or not..

well thanks everyone, my friend bought a laptop but i dont kmow which one.. Thanks again..:)

mod may close this thread..
roflmao.

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Anyways he has bought a Vaio laptop for around 48k with "i5 3rd gen and WHITE color", thats how he explained it to me on cell..:machinegun2::facepalm:

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Probably intel HD4000M or a GT610M on the side, ask him to play Crysis 2 :D :D

you must be joking, that'l be like putting myself in hell intentionally.. He would call me up every-time the installation process shows a msg and say "BHAAG KE AA(come running immediately)" and would make it sound like as if there was a bomb going to go off in his room and only i could disarm it.. In the end usually the msg would be something like "INSTALLATION COMPLETE.. LAUNCH GAME?? PRESS OK"..:pullhair:

tkin

Back to school!!
you must be joking, that'l be like putting myself in hell intentionally.. He would call me up every-time the installation process shows a msg and say "BHAAG KE AA(come running immediately)" and would make it sound like as if there was a bomb going to go off in his room and only i could disarm it.. In the end usually the msg would be something like "INSTALLATION COMPLETE.. LAUNCH GAME?? PRESS OK"..:pullhair:
Hahahaha, I know that feel buddy, for that exact same reason I had stopped assembling PC's, for every issues they would call me and make my life hell.

ghost_z

Ghost From Hell !
Same here, being a tech freak and over that, if your friends now about it, your life as you knew it will be over, RIP peaceful days :p

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Same here, being a tech freak and over that, if your friends now about it, your life as you knew it will be over, RIP peaceful days :p

:agreed:

OMG this still is not moved to laptops section !!!!

I have already asked the Mod to close the thread but OMG, its still not closed..:D

OFFTOPIC-
I love the way the Mod makes the last reply and then closes the thread, its like Terminator saying, "Talk to the hand"..:D :D

Top Bottom