Laptop 45K max

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
1) What is your budget? 45K max.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? 15.6"

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? Open to all

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Business : Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Internet

Programming (Code::Blocks and Netbeans and Eclipse )

Gaming ( Trine, Defense Grid, Torchlight 2, Braid, Indie Platformers ect )

Movies and Series ( 720p ) and Music

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer? if possible 1600x1200 else 1330x768 ( :( )

6) Anything else you would like to say?

It would sweeten the deal if I can run Linux in virtual box.

If I can get one without the OS that would be even better as I do own a copy of Windows 8 ( just to reduce the price )

USB 3.0 x 2 ( 3 would be great)

i5 if i can get it in this price range

GPU would be plus but if I can play the above mentioned games without the GPU then I have no problem letting it go.

Would be building a gaming rig by year end hence don't want to spend on a gamin laptop.

Can I do better than this *configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=w540760in8&model_id=inspiron-14-3421&c=in&l=en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1

SunE

Professional Newbie
Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Notebook ( Intel Core i5-3230M/6 GB/1 TB HDD/ Win8/ 2 GB Graphics-AMD-8750M /15.6 Inch) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

Gets you an i5. Very sleek and lightweight. Doesn't have a DVD drive though.

OP
deepakkrishnan

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Thanks .. but whats the price .. cannot check the websites in office. and no access to internet at home due to kaput laptop.

And can i add a dvd drive later if possible

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks .. but whats the price .. cannot check the websites in office. and no access to internet at home due to kaput laptop.

And can i add a dvd drive later if possible

It's for 41999

Or you can have a look at
*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-2320tx-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-1tb-win8-1gb-graph/p/itmdhg4pq2fydrjm
It have a Dvd drive too with i5 processor, 4gb ram (expandable to 8gb), 1tb hard disk for rupees 40490

SunE

Professional Newbie
You can purchase an USB DVD drive if you really need one.

The 8750m in the Samsung laptop is better than 7670m in the HP one.

OP
deepakkrishnan

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
^ Thanks for that insight .. DVD drive is not a big deal these days..
I don't even remember the last time i've used a dvd/cd..
Since i went the "Steam" way 4 years back no need of using dvd/cd
USB Thumb drive FTW..

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
You can purchase an USB DVD drive if you really need one.

The 8750m in the Samsung laptop is better than 7670m in the HP one.

But what do you think about the after sale service by hp, Samsung, and Dell? Out of this which would be the best brand assuming specs are same in laptops by all three of them ? That is if same laptop is being sold by all three at same price you would buy by whom?

Last edited:
OP
deepakkrishnan

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Dell eyes closed. I had a dell laptop bought 3 years back.. Still works like a champ .. bought it for my brother who used it for his BTech and MTech .. He called them 3 times for various issues and their response was prompt.

Had a bad exp with Lenovo for My Z560 laptop 2.5 years old

Never tried samsung or hp

$hadow

Geek in making
Well this is true that dell has great service but service also depends on which area is it required like in some areas lenovo is horrible so is sammy but in some area it is acceptable but not upto the mark of dell. Better check out with some one who is having any of these but for dell you can go eyes closed.

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Dell eyes closed. I had a dell laptop bought 3 years back.. Still works like a champ .. bought it for my brother who used it for his BTech and MTech .. He called them 3 times for various issues and their response was prompt.

Had a bad exp with Lenovo for My Z560 laptop 2.5 years old

Never tried samsung or hp

A friend of mine bought dell Inspiron 15 R( or 14R am not sure) and he has some heating problem while playing many games ( like assassin creed 3) even for half an hour.
Don't know if heating problem is associated with other models of dell.
That's why as of now am considering HP for me.

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
But what do you think about the after sale service by hp, Samsung, and Dell? Out of this which would be the best brand assuming specs are same in laptops by all three of them ? That is if same laptop is being sold by all three at same price you would buy by whom?

Same price and same specs? In that case Dell.

But Samsung service is decent too. Been having a tough time with HP service recently trying to get my friends 6 month old G6 fixed.

OP
deepakkrishnan

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
^ Ha Ha yeah i know .. just waiting to get the best that I can afford and the worst part is the "Timing".. The fresh line would be releasing soon for all the vendors but I can't afford to wait have to get one by end of this week and after 2 weeks i'll be seeing the prices being slashed for all that i've been looking into

thinkdigit123

Broken In
My requirements were pretty much the same but my budget was 50k...even then i went for...
Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com,,,

Puts all tick marks on my check list!!!

I needed a 15.6 inch machine so the Dell 14r turbo was a no-no.

OP
deepakkrishnan

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Got some financial help and Got myself a DELL Inspiron 15R TURBO SE yay ..

Sad Part : Crappy keyboard .. kinda got used to the full size keyboard

Top Bottom