Laptop @ 35k !!!Help needed!!!

kalla_maakri

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget?
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15-16 inch

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India,bangalore,,Mostly will order online(flipkart)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: ASUS, sony, Lenovo, Dell
b. Dislike: COMPAQ, ACER, SAMSUNG, LG

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Autocad , Maya , programming like java, c++, watching movies, browsing internet, Casual Gaming even though not an extreme gamer.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Not a extreme gamer

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
a good one

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Mostly ordering online only.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 7 nd Linux (dual boot)

here is wot i found

Asus X Series X53SC-SX492D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

Asus K Series X53SC-SX224D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

Dell Vostro 1550 2nd Gen Ci5/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

HP 630 Series Essential 630 ( Ci5) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

aroraanant

Explorer
Spend few bucks more(around 3.5-4k) and get Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D
In this you will get better RAM better hard disk and better graphic card also.
Dump HP and Vostro.
Asus K series is very good

rajeevk

Journeyman
Spend few bucks more(around 3.5-4k) and get Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D
In this you will get better RAM better hard disk and better graphic card also.
Dump HP and Vostro.
Asus K series is very good

+1 for Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D Laptop

devx

Back on TDF :)
Buddie., go for the Asus k or x which you have mentioned., they got:-

- 1gb Nvidia 520m DDR3 pretty good in your budget for movies/internet/gaming and autocad & maya., but not enough for adobe premiere or photoshop cs5(in case you use) and don't go for Intel HD 3000 not at all for software like those.

- Graphics software require more computing power so core i5 2430-(ASUS) is better.

- Asus laptops provides good battery backup.

- Better build quality but make sure about the after sales service.

- It's in your budget but don't go for this(Sony vaio VPCEH26EN/B) got i3 & Nvidia 410M.

- If battery is primary concern then Acer Timeline X series-9 hours (But supports Intel HD graphics in your budget)

- Slightly Increase your budget for Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D(Better GFX card).
AND most important wait for others to post., :)

OP
K

kalla_maakri

how abt this one!!!:shock:

DELL INSPIRON N5010 CORE I5 LAPTOP - Import From USA - One year Seller Warranty | eBay

Does any one know how much it will cost to upgrade + 2 gb DDR 3 ram for a Asus K Series Laptop!!:?

And how is Assus...> sales after service in kerala!!:idea:

devx

Back on TDF :)
Led Display is good and It has greater 8 gb RAM but of no use in case of graphics & gaming unless you have a dedicated GFX card., DELL inspiron N5010 supports Intel HD graphics which is not at all recommended for Autocad and Maya although you can play games in low & med settings at the native resolution of your display ., My advice VFM product ASUS K Series X53SC-SX224D

OP
K

kalla_maakri

Does any one know how much it will cost to upgrade + 2 gb DDR 3 ram for a Asus K Series Laptop!!

And how is Assus...> sales after service in kerala!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Around 600 bucks. The Asus laptop has two memory slots, each of them supporting maximum of 8 GB memory stick which for Laptop is not available. Maximum you can get a single 4GB module. So while purchasing ask them to take the 2 GB memory and place a single 4GB memory module in one slot. You have to pay maximum of 600/700 bucks extra for that. It will keep one of the memory slots available for future memory upgrade. I've done the same thing with my ASUS A43SJ laptop.

Top Bottom