Lappy 60k budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
i want a lappy with at least these specs...
19" screen
nvidia 8600 gt or equivalent (or better if budget allows)
4 gb ram
320+ gb hdd
dvd rw of course
wi-fi
a processor which can run intense games...
is it possible in this budget...

Also if i buy a 8600 gt or some other gpu for my desktop now, can it be used in my laptop???
is a laptop upgradable like a desktop....??

frnzz i m not a geek. Forget the 19", is a widescreen possible with proccy of dual 2.4 ghz, nd nvidia 9xxx series? Plz tel model no.?
One more doubt, am i right that a laptop can't be assembled like desktop?

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
omg, LAPPY WITH SCREEN 19 inches, gr8 man. Good luck search, but afaik you would not get anything like that with gr8 proccy and all

Not possible man! For one, i have never heard about 19" lappys. Secondly, the config that you want, even on a 15-17" laptop will easily cross 75-80K. So give your config or your budget a second look. Plus dont buy very cheap laptops coz you'll have a headache with it for whatever no of years you want to keep it. Trust me, i have a painful experience with my old, cheap Acer Laptop.

Laptop processors and graphics solutions cannot be changed or upgraded later so try not compromising on them if you want to play newest games on it in their full glory. Laptops only comes with upgrade options for RAM and HDD. Thats it.

No, the Desktop cards cannot fit into laptops. laptops have smaller in size, mobile versions of these cards, which are clocked a little less then their desktop counterparts. How can you even imagine fitting a monstrous Desktop 8600 GT in something as slim as a laptop man? :)

So keeping in mind that upgrade options are limited, go for a laptop with a good proccy ( atleast 2.1-2.4 Ghz Core2Duo) and Graphics Solution (the 8600 GT, or the newer 9xxx series of graphics cards). 3 GB of RAM will suffice all your needs in my opinion, plus a 250 GB drive will be a good choice to go with.
Dell has the XPS M1530 laptop that falls in this category, have a look at it. Although it will go somewhat out of your current budget.

Good luck!

R2K

In the Zone
lol.....19 inch lappy will break u thigh bones man...and forget about battery life if u want all that specs in a lappy

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
going for 19" is childish for lappy.

19" lappy will not be handy for carrying it anywhere. So the company generally do not manufacture such laptops.

SO 12", 15" Will Be Fine.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Will a 20" Do ? If yes , Then Head Here

But , Hold On , Its Cost is Rs.78000/- ... Way out of ur budget !

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i want a lappy with at least these specs...
19" screen
nvidia 8600 gt or equivalent (or better if budget allows)
4 gb ram
320+ gb hdd
dvd rw of course
wi-fi
a processor which can run intense games...
is it possible in this budget...

Also if i buy a 8600 gt or some other gpu for my desktop now, can it be used in my laptop???
is a laptop upgradable like a desktop....??

Get Dell XPS 1530 for some 50k bucks and along with it get yourself a 19" LCD display :)

But with that amount, you get one heck of a gaming desktop.

PS: Go for laptop that comes with 9500M or 9600M. Avoid 8600M.

Last edited:
Its better to buy a gaming desktop and a plain "mobile" cheap laptop. Because laptops are never really meant for gaming. You would be much better off buying yourself an Acer Aspire 4520 for 25K (Dual core Turion, nVidia 7000m and 14" screen) and then getting some COOL gaming upgrades for your desktop.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Its better to buy a gaming desktop and a plain "mobile" cheap laptop. Because laptops are never really meant for gaming. You would be much better off buying yourself an Acer Aspire 4520 for 25K (Dual core Turion, nVidia 7000m and 14" screen) and then getting some COOL gaming upgrades for your desktop.

Agreed. Cause i to have the same lappy and it performs good and will suffice low mid core gaming.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
There happen to be a LG notebook with a 19" display and HD2400 with 256MB VRAM but I forgot the model number :(.

But you better leave it coz
1) Its out of your budget
2)It weighs 5.9kg so you better be going to a gym :D
3)MetalHeadGautham is true

acewin

Point Blanc
and I go with what desi said, if the real need is mobility why go for desktop.

SO get a 15.4 inch lappy with decent config if u really need mobility, and get a secondary 19" display.

There is a HP laptop dv5-1015tx, guys was it it a promotional thing or what I do not see it in market now. I know 2 guys who bought it in a week here( I too had seen it in ezone@bangalore )

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
*explore.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X305/X305-Q701

this baby would have cost you 62000 4 months ago subject to the condition that you had someone buy it for you from the US and get it here, because back here, the rupee appreciation advantage would have been lost. also, i am not even sure whether this model is available in india.

But this is my dream laptop!

check it out...

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
@prakash.gaurav Have you ever seen a 19" laptop in India? I didn't! and even if one exist. Its not a right choice!

In 60K budget I suggest go for Dell XPS M1330. Should be around 57K with Vista Home installed!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, DELL XPS series are good(althought they still hv the 8xxx series of gpu in it, but its gr8 tat we can configure the lappy as per our choice)

also the HP's DV series are good (as they hv 9xxx series of graphics card) and a carbon fibre like body (as they tell)..
---------

Cheers n e-peace...

Hmm... I think maybe Dell Studio 17 can satisfy you. It can have 4GB RAM, Radeon HD3650 (which is better than 8600GT) and T8100 CPU, which can handle gaming. But I advice you to instead get the 3GB ram variant. I think it *just* about fits your budget for a basic 60K gaming laptop.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hey buddy, thanx for the info.. but has dell shifted from the nVIDIA range of gpus to the ATIs ?? for their newer range of lappys ?? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom