Lan problem in win xp

ARJOT SINGH

Broken In
Hey guys
I m facing a very weird problem on my laptop. I have win xp sp3 home installed on my laptop. The problem is from the last few days my lan port /nic card icon in systray is not shown. When I check in device manager it shows ethernet controller with yellow question mark telling me that driver is not installed. But when I point it to the driver location it still doesn't get installed. Sometimes when I start up windows the ethernet controller is shown as a new hardware found and windows asks me to install drivers but when I try to do this , the drivers don't get installed.
I have already tried restoring windows from the disc from manufacturer(Toshiba). But same problem persists.
Also my dvd rom drive doesn't detect any other disc except for the recovery disc given by the manufacturer. So I can't install win7 or try linux on the laptop.
So guys please tell me if this is a hardware problem or software problem with my ethernet controller? So that I can troubleshoot the problem.
Also if u guys can think about any other way to use internet on my laptop using some converter to convert lan to some other port like usb, please do suggest so.
Thanks in advance.

what router r u using??
most routers have USB type B connector. download usb driver 4 ur model no.

try UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloadsfor linux on pendrive...

have a look at *shopping.indiatimes.com/Computer-P...ctl/20376650/pc/960054/cat/963611/pid/1730108

dont think it will help much. but still..

BTW replace the dvd of the laptop.:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom