LAN connection status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
I recently had crapware, removed what I thought was all of it. I reset my winsocks/flushed the DNS, now everyonce in a while I get the two computers icon in systray, saying that it is 'acquiring network address'. says so right now which sounds funny to me because I am connected obviously but according to windows I am not. If I hide the icon it still shows in network connections window. So am I getting full download speeds? how can I fix this. cuz it is stating to iritate me!:mad: should I install some AV/malware scanner (just got done removing NIS 07) I know I have spyware somewhere cuz I keep getting these pages opening up to a blank page (I updated my host file after running ewido scan). should I delete my winsocks and reinstall them(+my TCP/IP connection)? I just really hate seeing that 'connection error mean while I can download and surf while that is being displayed!!!! ARRRGGG!!!! (happy thoughts happy thoughts.....)

OP
L

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
the only thing I have a problem with is the ICS service (firewall) I get an error everytime I try to start it ( thats how I know I am still infected) the issues is resolved now after resetting the winsocks, and then restarting. I did an ipconfig and it looks like my ISP changed the IP addy. it changes every week ( or renews everyweek) forgot about that one. would anybody know why my ICS gives errors when trying to start (besides Virus/trojan.. crapware) is there something I can try in the reg, I already check my group policy and everything looks fine in there ( had problems with that before)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom