LAN Card does not get detected sometimes?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Hi guys, I have recently started to face another problem with my PC, my PC is nearly 8 years old and the LAN card is also nearly the same age and recently what is happening is that my device does not recognize the LAN card and does not read it, because of this the internet does not get connected as there is no LAN connection, the thing is that this just happens sometimes, not always. Any idea what the problem might be?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
8 year old LAN card? It must be PCI card. I think the card have lived its lifetime. Although it would have been easier to predict the reason if you have mentioned the PSU you are using.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
8 year old LAN card? It must be PCI card. I think the card have lived its lifetime. Although it would have been easier to predict the reason if you have mentioned the PSU you are using.

yeah I also think that my LAN card is now about to die, that is why it is giving me so much trouble.
I am a noob when it comes to knowing my own PC and infact I don't exactly know what PSU my system has. Can you suggest me how do I get this info?

Top Bottom