lagging audio in divx conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

manmay

Journeyman
hi all.
i converted a .dat file to divx using dr divx 1.06 but after some mins the audio is not in sync with the video . which is nost undesirable . i have tried using river past video cleaner to some success. but sometimes it is unable to convert the entire clip and converts only the starting few sec or minsof the video...... different each time for the same video clip .while some videos are done properly without any problem .

your suggestions and adviec and corrections are sincerely needed.

manmay

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
u guys could try converting the .dat file to .mpg using VCDGear and then encoding to divx.VCDGear removes all the mpeg errors & unnecessary data in the .dat file.
LINK------->*www.vcdgear.com/files/vcdgear355.zip

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I have the problem with the audio out of sync, but I find that usually the video lags only with the newer DivX codecs. I use VirtualDub to convert my MPEGS to DivX AVI, and while a DVD or a .dat/.mpg file encoded with the 5.2.0 DivX codec lags a lot, the same file coded with the DivX 4.11 codec plays without a hitch. So, I pretty much encode/backup all of my videos with the 4.11 codec. Its not the latest or the greatest, but it gets the job done.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@eno: u said convert the mpegs to divx avi , do u also convert the dat to mpegs by vcdgear ??? .

1 problem i noticed in virtualdub is it doesnt load dat or mpg which might have errors . even after error checking with vcdgear, am simply unable to load the mpeg file in virtual dub . i even tried split option while opening , bad results . will try ur divx backward method to 4.11.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
No, I don't use VCDGear as an intermediate step unless there are really serious file parsing errors, which is pretty rare for me. I just open the Extended dialog box upon opening and open all frames. Its never given me any trouble so far. If there is a really serious error with parsing the stream, I just open the file in Premiere and then export it to DivX using that. Again, I only use the older codec, which is pretty light on the system, yet does a decent enough job.

Dipen01

Youngling
hey there....

1 problem i noticed in virtualdub is it doesnt load dat or mpg which might have errors . even after error checking with vcdgear, am simply unable to load the mpeg file in virtual dub

Am also getting the same probs. even when theres no prob in any frame of a .dat file and still after converting to .mpg Virtual Dub fails to load...

and yah am using the latest codec of DivX these days so am also getting the voice lag... previously with older versions .. it was working fine..

@enoon::-- Can u pls suggest where can i get the older version of DivX codec (AS AM ALOS USING DR.DIVX 1.0.6) which u r sure that works without voice lag...

Regards..
Dipen

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
No idea where you will be able to find the 4.11 codecs online now with the newer codecs. I have it saved on DVD though and if I dont find it after I Google for it, I'll put it up for download and post the link here.

Dipen01

Youngling
hey guys..

can any of ya guys help me with that 4.11 DivX codec..
man this new one su***... every encoding do..first thing it takes.. around 3 hr for a normal 120 min movie..
abd after that to my surprise.. there is audio video lag..

anwys... hoping for link on older codec...

Cheers..
Dipen

Dipen01

Youngling
icecoolz said:
Have you guys tried XVID encoding ? Does that too have lags in it ?

hey mate..

am encoding with Dr.DivX 1.0.6 so.. i guess on DivX codec can help... rite??.. and cant do with Virtual Dub coz.. majority of files are not accepted by it.. (Parsing error,,, Mpeg read error.... etc etc... lots of errors)...
so no oter option but to use only Dr.DivX for this.. what say??

cheers..
Dipen

theraven

Technomancer
not exactly ...
virtualdub is still the best out there
and there are other options to dr. divx

mpeg errors are caused cuz of a reson i dun quite rem now
batty had posted a solution
search if u will
xvid is a better option ... give it a shot if u can work with it and VirtualDub

Dipen01

Youngling
hi..

Is there any way by which i'll be able to convert mpeg/dat file (which shows Parsing errors and many other errors.. For 90% of files it shows errors)... using Virtual Dub..

Cheers..
Dipen

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If you want to correct the parsing errors, then use VCDGear. Download it from here:

*www.vcdgear.com/download.html

and then run it and saved the cleaned up file and then use VirtualDub and the DivX/xviD codecs to encode. As an alternative, try Sceneo Vcopy, I've been using that for some time now for transcoding and I am really impressed with it. You can convert between VCD/SVCD/DVD/AVI (DivX/xviD) with just a couple of clicks. Download it from here:

*www.chip.de/downloads/c_downloads_11797561.html

Dipen01

Youngling
hey there...

Actually i use VCD Gear only for the DAT to MPEG conversion and then use it in Virtual Dub...i also keep the Fix mpeg errors checked.. still it shows different types of errors in Virtual Dub....

anyways.. this new link seem to be nice.. ill try this software and let u know... thankx..

Cheers..
Dipen

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You're welcome, but could you also post the exact errors that you get with the file in VirtualDub? Maybe we can check out what it is that's going wrong, because VCDGear usually fixes the parsing errors that are associated with the VideoCD streams.

Dipen01

Youngling
Actually due to some reasons... my HDD is not with me.. since 10 days.. ill post u all the errors... as soon as ill connect it back..
i havent tried Sceneo Vcopy but its interface seems to be good as i saw its screenshot... so i guess of Dr.Divx and Virtualdub wont work then... il be surely using this soft..
anyways.. thanx

Cheers..
Dipen

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
No problems, in fact, I pretty migrated away from VirtualDub some time back when I got my hands on Sceneo. I pretty much use that for everything now. In fact, I sat and transcoded all my DivX videos to DVD-Video and let it burn the DVD along with the menu so I could watch it on TV and it did a d@mn great job of it in a few hours. All in all, I am pretty impressed with the program, considering its freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom