Lag on Xperia sp

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I have seen Xperia Z in chroma its display is uninspiring you may look at Moto X runs stock rom so their shouldn't be any lag.

- - - Updated - - -

But auto hibernate doesn't work without rooting it is of no use in unrooted phone.
I was particularly happy with the screen and Iam in love with the design. The only problem is, the lags... By the way, can I get moto x at or under 20k
?
And apart from the display, how is Xperia z when compared to moto x..

Thanks and regards

adinzbox

TechNuts
I was about to buy the same phone but I came across this thread Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 updat... - Support forum and changed my mind. Check the following lines that one member from the forum shared on the same thread.

"Re: Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 update
Options
‎2014-03-14 07:19 AM

Try this: simply undo Chrome updates and reset the browser to factory settings. Then restart phone.

I know that sounds stupid but my SP was very laggy after JB 4.3, and I tried this Chrome-reset for another problem, It turned out that also the lagging reduced dramatically, plus of course the original problem was cured. I think the newest Chrome updates screw the whole phone up for some reason.

Haven't had any other confirmations so far but in my case it helped alot. Try it and report how it goes."

Minion

Conversation Architect
- - - Updated - - -

I was particularly happy with the screen and Iam in love with the design. The only problem is, the lags... By the way, can I get moto x at or under 20k
?
And apart from the display, how is Xperia z when compared to moto x..

Thanks and regards

I didn't find any links for Moto X with less than 20k. Xperia Z is a ok phone as per me .But before getting anything look at Xperia Z1 compact.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I was about to buy the same phone but I came across this thread Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 updat... - Support forum and changed my mind. Check the following lines that one member from the forum shared on the same thread.

"Re: Xperia SP Freeze, Slow and Lag after the 4.3 update
Options
‎2014-03-14 07:19 AM

Try this: simply undo Chrome updates and reset the browser to factory settings. Then restart phone.

I know that sounds stupid but my SP was very laggy after JB 4.3, and I tried this Chrome-reset for another problem, It turned out that also the lagging reduced dramatically, plus of course the original problem was cured. I think the newest Chrome updates screw the whole phone up for some reason.

Haven't had any other confirmations so far but in my case it helped alot. Try it and report how it goes."
Yeah I have recently did factory reset and Iam noticing some good results.. Lags have been significantly reduced and I have also Uninstalled the chrome updates.. Let's see how does it stack against the trail of time..

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
- - - Updated - - -

I didn't find any links for Moto X with less than 20k. Xperia Z is a ok phone as per me .But before getting anything look at Xperia Z1 compact.
I can't find any bang for buck at that price range. However, Xperia z1 compact is out of range so can't consider it.

Any other options that you might tell me to look for?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
based on your usage, get a lumia,all androids lag after a certain time(in your case surprisingly early)
even my nexus 5 lags just 3 months after purchase

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
What is your budget?

My budget is 20k (Apparently , the phone is of my sis) but can go 1k above that. However, I like Xperia SP very much and Iam not looking to downgrade at all. So, any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

based on your usage, get a lumia,all androids lag after a certain time(in your case surprisingly early)
even my nexus 5 lags just 3 months after purchase

Thats impossible (Upto some extent). My nexus 4, after 1 and half years doesnt even lag a bit.. How come your Nexus 5 lags?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
My budget is 20k (Apparently , the phone is of my sis) but can go 1k above that. However, I like Xperia SP very much and Iam not looking to downgrade at all. So, any suggestions?

- - - Updated - - -

Thats impossible (Upto some extent). My nexus 4, after 1 and half years doesnt even lag a bit.. How come your Nexus 5 lags?

all android devices lag,i have a nexus 5,7 ,note 2(cyanogenmod) and a lenovo tab
all have lag etc and sometimes a reboot is mandatory
my lumias on the other hand and even my BB z10 have no such issues,sometimes a few limitations yes but they work as advertised and dont stop me from using the basic phone functions

- - - Updated - - -

How come?

have no clue,tried flashing roms,factory restore etc
given up on android,except maybe the nexus series is still decent,other androids have worse issues

$hadow

Geek in making
all android devices lag,i have a nexus 5,7 ,note 2(cyanogenmod) and a lenovo tab
all have lag etc and sometimes a reboot is mandatory
my lumias on the other hand and even my BB z10 have no such issues,sometimes a few limitations yes but they work as advertised and dont stop me from using the basic phone functions

- - - Updated - - -

have no clue,tried flashing roms,factory restore etc
given up on android,except maybe the nexus series is still decent,other androids have worse issues

This is actually weird. Nexus phones hardly lag and from what I can understand it is lagging a lot.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, Iam a power user and have used nexus 4 and nexus 7 and til now, I didn't have any lags. However, lag may happen, due to some unknown reasons..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
who knows,still its usable i guess,ubuntu touch might be able to fix these issues or even tizen once its out of beta

Top Bottom