Lag on Xperia sp

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys.
I have a problem. As the title suggests, I get some frequent lags over my recent mobile (bought a week ago) Xperia sp.
I don't use much apps and I use only some basic apps like Facebook, mail, and little gaming. It takes a hell out of time to open apps and is irritating.
Iam not yet ready to root so I can't use greenify and seeder. I. Tried reducing all the animations, but no use :-(, Can you digit geeks suggest me something? Its very much appreciated.

Thanks.

$hadow

Geek in making
Well rooting is the only way in my view. And once rooted flash a KitKat ROM and wham you can feel that difference.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Well rooting is the only way in my view. And once rooted flash a KitKat ROM and wham you can feel that difference.

I cant root because Iam in a dilemma now whether to exchange the phone with Moto G or not. Even If iam rooted, there are some chances of lagginess so I dont want to take any chances. Can you gimme another suggestion?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Yes I have tried resetting it. To check whether it lags or not, I tried to fastly switch many apps.. but the problem still persisted. :( Dunno what to do .. :(

it is just a week old. contact sony service centre and ask for a replacement.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Shall I ask for money back or just take an other copy of the phone? Iam quite sure that it might lag in the exchanged phone also. . What do you say??

i think there are SP users here. you can ask them. i think, it is the problem of your device. if the replacement product also lags, you can ask money back.

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah asking money back is also one option since it looks like that it is problem with your device.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Lags have been significantly reduced after factory reset but, when opening chrome and clicking on the address bar, it freezes for sometime and after 1 or 2 seconds, the keyboard appears. Apart from that, there are some little lag or stutters and it is never as smooth as my nexus 4
:-(

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
^May be this has something to do with Xperia Luncher.

Does this happens with Xperia Z ? Because Iam planning to buy that from ebay.. LINK IS HERE.. DOW Week 25 Brand NEW Original Sealed Sony Xperia Z Water Resistant | eBay ..

What do you say? Worth upgrade?

Minion

Conversation Architect
Does this happens with Xperia Z ? Because Iam planning to buy that from ebay.. LINK IS HERE.. DOW Week 25 Brand NEW Original Sealed Sony Xperia Z Water Resistant | eBay ..

What do you say? Worth upgrade?

I have seen Xperia Z in chroma its display is uninspiring you may look at Moto X runs stock rom so their shouldn't be any lag.

- - - Updated - - -

it works without rooting too. :wink:

But auto hibernate doesn't work without rooting it is of no use in unrooted phone.

Top Bottom