Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_tcpip

Journeyman
i already have Ubuntu 6.10 installed with dual boot XP pro
the thing i downloaded Kubuntu 7.04 desktop for amd64.. to completely replace my 6.10.. now when i click install from live CD it gets stuck on finding my partitions(keyboard lights flash like an ambulance :p).. the same happens when i start QT parted from live CD
Please tell me if theres another way of upgrading to Kubuntu WITH THIS DESKTOP CD.. THANKS

DDIF

Custom User Title
No buddy it didin't suck. In Feisty's AMD64 edition you have to wait more for it to detect your partition table.
First time i also think that it is a problem but it is not!

mediator

Technomancer
I guess Ubuntus have a problem gettin stuck like that GUI-cally for long durations. First it was Ubuntu 5.10, then 6.10, wth, 7.04 didn't even proceed even after leaving PC idle for 3 long hrs!! I had to download the alternate CD then!! They need to work on this problem first!

praka123

left this forum longback
i always used Ubuntu alternate cd with curses based debian installer.it simply works! :p
as with livecd installer ubiquity,it takes time to launch gparted.though,an experianced user can open terminal and make partns via cfdisk or other utils.again ubiquity works fine most of the time although it seems hanging with some hdd's.

OP
D

da_tcpip

Journeyman
its not like this ever.. i have used ubuuntu for over a year and can figure when it freezes or when its lagging.. keyboard lights flashing only and only when you click install... thats freezing

praka123

left this forum longback
^kernel panic?look for error message.
then post ur pc specs here.
Also,are u able to get kde running in live-cd.
then,open a terminal and sudo cfdisk and make ur swap(500MB) and root "/" of 6GB.use "fdisk -l" to know ur disk partns and details.
now exit cfdisk after partning.in the terminal run:
Code:
sudo ubiquity
^show it the newly made or already exisitng swap and / partitions.hope it install fine.if this fails,alternate cd is the best way :-| also post ur error messages here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom