Kolkata Guys Help Required - GC Avenue Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micheal

Pro Geeks
Where Can i get MSI P35 Neo Combo F Mobo in Kolkata?

guys this is what i am after
1> Intel C2D E8200
2> MSI P35 Neo Combo
3> 2X1GB DDR2 RAM Module 667Mhz Transcend/Kingston
4> Coolermaster 500W PSU
5> ASUS EN9600GT/EN8600GT; XFX 8600GT

today i went to almost all the shops in ganesh chandra avenue. but couldn't find all my needs in one shop. i list my experiences from the reputed/satisfactory ones:--
1> Saboo: very nice shop, good behavior. problem is they cant provide the motherboard as of now. says they can bring it. quoting 8500 for abit IP35-E and 8700 for ASUS P5Q :mad: says smps will cost me 2700. quotes 8400 for asus EN9600GT and 3700 for asus EN8600GT :confused:

2> Eastern Logica Infoway: didn't have dat mobo. happy with saboo so didn't ask for proccy, same with RAM, didn't ask PSU. Now they didn't have asus gfx cards but offered XFX 8600GT 512MB GDDR3 for 5700. Is that okay? :confused: I heard dat card's got heating issues ???

3> Eastronics Infocom: they entertained me for the first time. completely unaware of their possessions. couldnt giv any assurance

4> Starcomp Infotech: small shop. 1 guy immediately came. searched and said didn't have mobo and gfx card at dat time. showed interest and signs of bringing it soon. asked me to call and come

Now i need URGENT help (advice) guys. Please respond:???:
I need to know whether i am getting a good deal? whether i am being overcharged? whether i am getting products of right quality? i ask the last with special emphasis to XFX 8600GT

Last edited:

royal

Padawan
Price in Saboo is somewhat higher that other shops...just roam around a little to verify. Also you can visit Technokrat, Velocity but steer clear of Supreme.

For MSI motherboard you can go to Tirupati.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Technokrat & Supreme are the two most overpricing shops in kolkata ! They just charge whatever they like !!

The price of saboo looks quite ok to me although the price they quoted for mobo is on a bit higher side.

Also go to shops like Vedanth (chandni chawk streen-gc avenue crossing) and lalani infotech . They give good prices

and also look for availibility of 9500GT/9600GSO series of cards.

abhisek_bsws

geek on a roll
buddy u can go to M.D COMPUTERS at the sidelane of technocrat...small shop but gives very good prices, n as others said vedant n lalani are also good along wid saboo

OP
Micheal

Micheal

Pro Geeks
guys after frantically searching and calling every shop i've failed to find MSI P35 Neo Combo mobo. I guess i just have to giv up hope of buying that. Does anyone know any other similar motherboard within 5-7K price bracket??
I already know about ABit IP35-E, looking for msi or asus solution??

i've worn my legs out today searching and searching. plz i'm in dire need of help (medical right now).

royal

Padawan
guys after frantically searching and calling every shop i've failed to find MSI P35 Neo Combo mobo. I guess i just have to giv up hope of buying that. Does anyone know any other similar motherboard within 5-7K price bracket??
I already know about ABit IP35-E, looking for msi or asus solution??

i've worn my legs out today searching and searching. plz i'm in dire need of help (medical right now).

Have you tried Tirupati ? In case P35 in unavailable you can go for P45 :cool:

OP
Micheal

Micheal

Pro Geeks
yes i had tried Tirupati Enterprises too. They dont have it

yes i can go for P45, but i cant see any suitable choices within my budget. I chose this 1 coz it supports both DDR2 and DDR3 memory like the MSI P35 Platinum Combo

royal

Padawan
yes i had tried Tirupati Enterprises too. They dont have it

yes i can go for P45, but i cant see any suitable choices within my budget. I chose this 1 coz it supports both DDR2 and DDR3 memory like the MSI P35 Platinum Combo

MSI P45 neo comes within ur budget...and I dont think DDR3 is going to get mainstream anytime soon :)

OP
Micheal

Micheal

Pro Geeks
My apologies to evry1 here for replying so late.
Honestly saying i've been busy with life(professional and personal).
I purchased the following things on 29.08.08 and 30.08.08
1> Intel C2D E8400 - 7800 - Saboo (cud hav bought from Vedant also)
2> ASUS P5Q - 8500 - Vedant
3> Transcend DDR2 667MHz RAM 1GB - 975 - Saboo
4> I-Ball 400W SMPS (for now) - 600 - Saboo
5> XFX 8600GT 256MB DDR3 - 4000 - Vedant

the smps is a sad story. so not discussing it here.

I WANNA THANK EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU FOR PARTICIPATING AND POSTING YOUR COMMENTS. IT WAS PURELY THROUGH INTERACTING WITH U GUYS THAT I CAME TO KNOW THE MARKET SCENARIO AND PURCHASED WHATEVER I HAVE QUOTED ABOVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom