Kogan Agora is the world's second Android-based smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

In the zone
he Australian manufacturer Kogan announced today the Kogan Agora and the Kogan Agora Pro based on the Android OS. The duo will start shipping in two months. Both handhelds pack 2.5-inch TFT touchscreens, QWERTY keyboards, and 3G support in a neat Blackberry-esque package.
A month ago the Australian company Kogan Technologies announced its intention to make an Android phone by the end of 2008 using their outsourced manufacturing line in China. Seems like they were almost up to the task as they will miss the deadline by only a notch - the Kogan Agora should be available by January 29th 2009.
The new Android gadget has two different versions - Agora and Agora Pro. Both feature 262K color QVGA touchscreen displays, QWERTY keyboards, quad-band GSM and tri-band 3G (HSDPA) support plus Bluetooth 2.0, FM radio and a microSD memory card slots. Coming with a price premium of about 60 US dollars, the Agora Pro will also add a 2 megapixel camera, Wi-Fi and a GPS receiver to the feature pack.
Agora and Agora Pro will hit the shelves (first in Australia) at the end of January at prices of 190 US dollars (299 AUD) and 250 US dollars (399 AUD) with no network lock whatsoever.

*img228.imageshack.us/img228/427/bigbt6.th.jpg

For more:

*www.gsmarena.com/kogan_agora_is_the_worlds_second_androidbased_smartphone-news-700.php

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
Read it in newspaper today, Agora Rs 10,000 n Pro Rs13,000, in terms of direct conversion.
I'm getting interested to know more about it, alas open-source is what matters...

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
This makes HTC G1 => Epic Fail! .. for me atleast. :neutral:

Agora Pro is a steal for its price... I wish I hadnt bought iPod Touch. :( Now no cash from Dad for a long time to come...

virus_killer

Journeyman
^^ HTC Dream looks more better then this one. Kogan's handset has also got small screen as compared to the HTC dream.

OP
User Name

User Name

In the zone
This makes HTC G1 => Epic Fail! .. for me atleast.

Agora Pro is a steal for its price...

Well yes it will prove good phone if the price tag remains same and will available in india.

x3060

A LOTR fan
both of them have 2.5 inch screen right?
13k...i guess its a steal :)
am doubtful about the performance of these phones though,
the processor and memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom