Kochi IPL team comes up with a true WTF name

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukesh1090

Adam young
not only ruining the name of kerala,that indi is also ridiculous.logo looks like some local biscuit packet companies logo.may be they are thinking of giving some publicity to their local biscuit companies.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
I have no idea why cricket clubs keeps such types names.... Can you remember some football team names with such peculiar words? They generally keep clubs names relating to that city they based on. Like liverpool, manchester city/ united, real madrid etc.... Even indias football teams names are good ....

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
I have no idea why cricket clubs keeps such types names.... Can you remember some football team names with such peculiar words? They generally keep clubs names relating to that city they based on. Like liverpool, manchester city/ united, real madrid etc.... Even indias football teams names are good ....

the names of IPL teams were most likely copied from the American Football model
List of North American football nicknames - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
G-Men" – New York Giants, NFL; initial of team name, possibly a play on the term for a government (e.g. FBI) agent[17]
"Goats" – Saint Louis Rams, NFL; when playing poorly[18]
"Iggles" – Philadelphia Eagles, NFL; reference to how some Philadelphians pronounce "Eagles"
"Jags" – Jacksonville Jaguars, NFL; abbreviation of team name
"Gang Green" - New York Jets, NFL; used by supporters (reference to medical condition that is difficult to overcome)(Green Bay Packers), NFL; used by supporters since the mid 1970s; also the name of the unofficial team mascot who is given home field credentials.

albeit in a more over the top and tasteless way
KKR and Indi have the worst names in IPL

OP
ajaybc

ajaybc

Youngling
They changed the name after a lot of protest to 'Kochi Tuskers' . Much better than Indi Commandos Kerala

vinayan

Broken In
i had voted for kochi tuskers..better name..actually they provided with very poor options like kochi heroes,kochi commandoes..tuskers at least look different and the logo looks cool..

sambansal

Right off the assembly line
IPL 2011 New Format

IPL 4, which is scheduled to begin from April 8, will see the inclusion of two new teams Kochi Tuskers Kerala and Sahara Pune Warriors. In the new IPL 4, the playing format will also be changed as stated by the IPL governing body.

THE INDIAN Premier League (IPL), 2011, will be contested between ten teams with two new teams added by the BCCI, i.e., Sahara Pune Warriors from Pune and Kochi Tuskers Kerala from Kochi.

IPL 2011 will be played form April 8 to May 28 2011 with the new format, which was announced by the IPL governing council.

The format is based on last year's domestic T20 Tournament in New Zealand. In new IPL format, there will be total of 74 matches in the IPL 4 Fixtures. Out of these 70 would be league matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom