Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyiz

Journeyman
Dear friends,
Did u know that mac addreses of many PC's can be changed

Visit:
*www.nthelp.com/NT6/change_mac_w2k.htm

But remember Not all LAN's hav the Mac address property.

LANCER and Tech com were the companies who provided this property earlier
This property is no longer Available with the LAN's Of Today.

I

invisible

U can change MAC address of you LAN card with many softwares.If u search the forum u will get it.
Man what do u mean by this ' This property is no longer Available with the LAN's Of Today'.?
every LAN card has MAC address property.and u can change it.if u want the softwares i will give the links.This is call MAC spoofing.

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman

U got it all wrong Mr invisible, Not every Lan has that Property (mac address Property) but has a unique 48 bit mac address assigned to it which can be changed easily changed using Network or mac address property.
Hope u got it

Proof:
Check out whether u can change the mac adress of Pc's in our Coll\ office, i bet will surely find one Pc atleast which wont hav that property
Generally Motherboard having INBUILT LAN wont hav that property.

And BTW with "This property is no longer Available with the LAN's Of Today" is meant that lans manufactured nowadays(recently) wont hav that property for security reasons

i never meant that Mac address cant be changed if that property is absent
using Smac everthing can be done

i emphazied on how easy it is to change tha mac if the Lan itself has that property, no need to use snooping soft(Smac).
if its isnt available(property of mac address), then smac is handy but risky.

Got it ????????/

I

invisible

Re: Reply

Andyiz said:
U got it all wrong Mr invisible, Not every Lan has that Property (mac address Property) but has a unique 48 bit mac address assigned to it which can be changed easily changed using Network or mac address property.
Hope u got it

Proof:
Check out whether u can change the mac adress of Pc's in our Coll\ office, i bet will surely find one Pc atleast which wont hav that property
Generally Motherboard having INBUILT LAN wont hav that property.

And BTW with "This property is no longer Available with the LAN's Of Today" is meant that lans manufactured nowadays(recently) wont hav that property for security reasons

i never meant that Mac address cant be changed if that property is absent
using Smac everthing can be done

i emphazied on how easy it is to change tha mac if the Lan itself has that property, no need to use snooping soft(Smac).
if its isnt available(property of mac address), then smac is handy but risky.

Got it ????????/
can someone understand what this guy is saying? :x

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I think he means.. that earlier we could change the MAC address via device manager only... but now we cannot. But thats not true...

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman

kalpik said:
I think he means.. that earlier we could change the MAC address via device manager only... but now we cannot. But thats not true...

What is with u all, guys? Y cant u understand such simple things
Let me make it simpler

u can change ur mac address Via Device Manager(i dont deny it)
Rite

Now consider the case wherein ur Lan card is damaged, and u are forced to buy a new one.
Now with the New one u cant change Mac Via Device manager
bcoz u wont find that property of MAc or Network Address
Remember, whether u can change the MAC or not , depends on the LAN and Not the OS.

Dont be under the impression that one can Change the MAC Address of all the PC's Via Device Manager.
U all Can bcoz ur Lan Card Supports that property

Try Changing the Lan Card or Else Try It With Some other PC's

I could change my MAC Before but not any longer After i bought the New Lan.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"

Thats not true... It solely depends on the LAN card manufacturer, and the driver, not on new/old cards... I bout a card a week back, and i can change the MAC address via device manager.

Anyway, why such a fuss on changing MAC address via device manager?? Everyone knows there are tons of utilities to change MAC address!

I

invisible

Re: reply

Andyiz said:
kalpik said:

Let me make it simpler

Rite

Now consider the case wherein ur Lan card is damaged, and u are forced to buy a new one.
Remember, whether u can change the MAC or not , depends on the LAN and Not the OS.

Dont be under the impression that one can Change the MAC Address of all the PC's Via Device Manager.

its all wrong
u shud b able to change now also.DOnt use device manager.Use any free utilities in softpedia.com
there are lots of apps...for MAC spoofing

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Ok, the confusion seems to be not knowing what mac spoofing is. The mac address stored on a rom in your lan card is not changeable. When you are mac spoofing, only the OS's view of the address is changed. It absolutely does not depend on the manufacturer/date of manufacture or onboard/external lan card. As long as the OS allows it, it can be done. Even if it doesn't you can probably reshack it, I guess.

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman

invisible said:
Andyiz said:
kalpik said:

Let me make it simpler

Rite

its all wrong
u shud b able to change now also.DOnt use device manager.Use any free utilities in softpedia.com
there are lots of apps...for MAC spoofing

I am aware of the Soft that enables us to change the MAC address.
But i cant Via Device Manager( Which i used previously) to change Mac address.
Hope its clear

rachitar

Journeyman
To change the MAC Address Go To
My Computers->Properties->Hardware->DeviceManager->NetworkAdapters
Right Click on your LAN card.Then Go To
Properties->Advanced->LocallyAdministeredAddress
Check the option of your value and enter a 12 digit Hex Code
Sometimes some companies have some rule about the starting letters of the address so the best option is to change the last few digits of your actual MAC address

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman

rachitar said:
To change the MAC Address Go To
My Computers->Properties->Hardware->DeviceManager->NetworkAdapters
Right Click on your LAN card.Then Go To
Properties->Advanced->LocallyAdministeredAddress
Check the option of your value and enter a 12 digit Hex Code
Sometimes some companies have some rule about the starting letters of the address so the best option is to change the last few digits of your actual MAC address
Y dont u read the forum properly
The discussion here is not how tho change Mac address, but the discussio is about some Lan card which wont have the network adress property
so one cant change the Mac adress in the Way u mentioned obove
In these Lan's u wont Find any thing called as " LocallyAdministeredAddress Or network add or Mac adress( depends on manufacture)" . so One cant change the maC ADDRESS

Though using Softwares it can stil be done even if the Foresaid property is absent.

Once again Requesting u to read the posts Carefully and then Answer

I

invisible

Andyiz said:
The discussion here is not how tho change Mac address, but the discussio is about some Lan card which wont have the network adress property
In these Lan's u wont Find any thing called as " LocallyAdministeredAddress Or network add or Mac adress( depends on manufacture)" . so One cant change the maC ADDRESS

Though using Softwares it can stil be done even if the Foresaid property is absent.

I think you are doing it wrong.
hey just change networkaddress in devicemanager.thats it.
and btw every lan card will have this property.

OP
A

Andyiz

Journeyman

invisible said:
Andyiz said:

I think you are doing it wrong.
hey just change networkaddress in devicemanager.thats it.
and btw every lan card will have this property.
Both the Methods Gets u to the same area
Both are valid
both an be used to change the Mac
Mr Invisible y dont u try changing the mac adress of the pc's in our Office or @ Home and then Come back to me
Can nybody make this Guy understand???
Mod PLz help

geekysage

Journeyman
Chill, guys.

I think what Andyiz is trying to say is that his comp's NIC (network interface card; calling it *LAN card* is too crude IMHO) doesn't have the property to change the MAC address via the windows device manager i.e. does not allow MAC spoofing via the device manager.

Although I have personally not found any card which doesn't allow the change, some chipset manufacturer(s) might have disabled the property. AFAIK and as evident from previous posts, we can always use 3rd party apps to spoof the MAC.

Hope invisible will get andyiz point now. Andyiz, i know it's frustating when people don't understand what you are trying to say but the key is to remain calm and try to be as clear as possible.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom