Kingston USB Pen Drive Data Corruption - Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lubu

Broken In
I have recently purchased a kingston 512MB USB pen drive, to which I can copy data. The problem arises when I try to install the copied software back to the HDD from by pen drive. I get crc and all kinds of data error on installing. I got it replaced and I am still having the same problem. So, I want to know whether it is possible to carry large data files including software without corrupting it. Has anyone here been able to copy and install software back from the pen drive. Also another intriguing thing is that the media files work perfectly fine no matter what its file size may be. I am absolutely flummoxed! :?: Please help.

Also the small programs or software work perfectly fine when I install them from the pen drive. It is only a problem with the large software.

The pen drive is both USB 2.0 and 1.1 compatible.
I generally use archiving tool winrar to compress the software. I have also tried coping the installer and installing from it but made no difference. :cry:

I aslo want to know are these pen drives only meant for document, media, presentation files and not for software. Should sound stupid :idea:

OP
L

lubu

Broken In
Also I forgot to mention here that I have tried it in different comps and everywhere it gives the same errors. I tried connecting it to comps with the extension connector that comes with it and also directly to the USB ports. I have Windows XP SP2 installed on my system.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i am also using a Kingston Data Traveler 512 MB and i face the same problem with large file sizes of programs (greater than 20MB) .... especially the archives of zipped programs tend to get corrupted many a times... i dont know y ?????

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
just keep the drive attached to the usb port 10-20 seconds after it had copied all the data.What happens is it shows transfer complete while the data is still being written from the memory cache of the host comp.I had the same prob nd this solved that

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@sidewinder
thanx for your suggestion dude but i would like you to know that i never ever plug out the drive until i shut down my comp .... i dont ever pull out the drive in a hurry ...... i dont know if this problem is only with kingston ... anyways i am still looking for a solution to this damn problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom