Kingston FURY DDR5 Review Event

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
Kingston DDR5 Banner.jpg

Be a part of the next-generation gaming experience with DDR5!
Kingston invites Digit Geek Patrons to test the performance of the DDR5 PC set-up

Introduction
DDR5 is the next leap in the evolution of RAM and if you are looking to upgrade from DDR4, it is the right moment to do so!

Kingston brings an exhilarating opportunity for the members of the Digit Geek Forum to test the ultimate performance of a fully functional gaming PC, powered by the Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 RAM and based on the latest Intel 12th-Gen Core ‘Alder Lake’ processors with MSI motherboard. To participate in the contest, fill out the application form and we’ll pick the top 8 contestants to share their gaming experience with the evolutionary power of DDR5.

Kingston FURY DDR5 Review Event
● Reviewer shortlisting period: February 24 - March 10, 2022 (selected reviewers will be announced on March 12, 2022)​
● How to enter: Register via >> Google Form link <<
● Review products specs: *rest of PC components need to be prepared by the applicant​
○ Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 Memory (2x 16GB = 32GB)​
○ Kingston FURY Renegade SSD (2TB)​
○ Intel Core i9-12900K CPU​
○ MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk WiFi (DDR5 variant)​
○ MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X OC​
○ MSI A750GF Power Supply​

Don’t miss out on this opportunity to build and review a PC set with the latest and fastest products!

UPDATE 1:

Please check your email IDs for a confirmation mail and respond at the earliest.

UPDATE 2: Reviews List
SaiyanGoku - Link
sygeek - Link
Cyberghost - Link
archith94 - Link
PradyMax - Link
NekoNek0Nii - Link
SatSez333 - Link
anirudh68 - Link

UPDATE 3: Contest closed
Winners to be announced shortly

UPDATE 4: Winners List
SaiyanGoku - Link
sygeek - Link
Cyberghost - Link
(In no particular order)

UPDATE 5: Vouchers and Goodies shipped and received
Thank you all for participating in the contest. We'll strive to bring more of these for the forum peeps!

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Does this mean that participants must build a PC with the given specs and post a review to be featured?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Questions:
● *rest of PC components
  1. So, a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc peripherals only, right?
  2. Case airflow can also impact the thermal performance. Wouldn't that be a variable you won't be able to control here?
  3. Also, what about cooler for 12900K? I suspect a NH-D15 would be required.
  4. The form has two "Email" fields. Is this intentional?
  5. Is a laptop considered as a PC in this contest's PoV?

Last edited:
OP
tamatarpakoda

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
Questions:

1. So, a monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc peripherals only, right?
  2. Case airflow can also impact the thermal performance. Wouldn't that be a variable you won't be able to control here?
  3. Also, what about cooler for 12900K? I suspect a NH-D15 would be required.
  4. The form has two "Email" fields. Is this intentional?
  5. Is a laptop considered as a PC in this contest's PoV?

1. That and a cooler. If you don't have a compatible cooler, then we can arrange for that as well.
2. Depends on the workload. If you're stressing the RAM modules then they already have heatsinks on them that are rated to dissipate whatever heat the modules will generate.
3. We can arrange this. NH-D15 or an AIO with 240/280mm radiator is fine.
4. In case folks don't want the Gmail ID to be the primary ID for communication.
5. If you tinker with it and are well-versed with PC components and have tweaked performance metrics in the past, then I don't see why not. At the end of the day, we're just interested in folks who can try out as many diverse workloads on the DDR5 system as they wish to. The objective is to have fun ... and for us to get a 1500 word write-up about your experience across workloads.

OP
tamatarpakoda

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
Yes. Please check your email IDs for my mail. We’ve started dispatching sets to the first two candidates.

OP
tamatarpakoda

tamatarpakoda

Resident Villain
Staff member
Not yet. I'm still waiting for a few more people to confirm on email.

I can update the main post with the names of the selected candidates.

sygeek

Technomancer
Received all the parts yesterday. I'll share the pics and the review process in a new thread, when I start tomorrow evening.

Is there anything specific you guys are looking for in the review for us to highlight?

Edit: Haven't added much here as of now, other than images. Review thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom