Kindly Help - Build New Cabinet Under 25K

bhavikv9488

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
Applications : VS2008, Photoshop, Autocad
Games : FIFA, NFS, COD series and others which can run within my budgeted machine.
Watching HD movies and internet browsing.

I am extremely fond of gaming but presently I need to build the machine which would fit into my budget and also open to future additions.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Around 20k-22k and 25kMax

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 32-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB (do not rely much on the internal HDD).

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Presently I have a Samsung 732Nplus monitor (17" Squared one), so can continue with the same

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP !!

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I would assemble

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Mumbai, would be buying from Lamington Rd.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

Presently I do have a machine with the following specs,
MoBo : Gigabyte G41M-ES2L
Proc : Intel C2D E4500
HDD : Seagate 160 GB SATA
RAM : 2GB Kingston DDR2
UPS : APC 600 VA
A basic Intex Cabinet with the included SMPS.

I intend to build a machine which I can use for at least 5-6 yrs and also get to play games with at least mid-level settings if not at the max resos.

Desired components - MoBo, Proc, Graphic Card, RAM, PSU, HDD, DVD Writer (Do not wish to spend much on Cabinet and can use the saved on some other upgrade)

I do not want to buy a monitor as of now and would buy a new one later when this one is dead as it has already been repaired twice. but currently i can manage with it.

As i have been reading through other posts, I would highly appreciate your inputs on the Trinity, Piledriver and the bulldozers range wrt their cost, performance. (kindly excuse my lack of enlightenment on them :ashamed:).

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance !!!

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP !!

38 views and No reply . . wats wrong ??????????????

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Intel i3 3220 - Rs 7100
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H - Rs 4300
Corsair Value Select 4GB - Rs 1100
GPU - Gigabyte GV-R777OC-1GD 1 GB GDDR5 - Rs 8250
HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500GB - Rs 3400
SMPS - Corsair CX430V2 - Rs 2450
Cabinet - CM Elite - Rs 1700
OPD - Samsung SH-S 223F - Rs 975

Total - Rs 29,275.

If you cant extend to to this price limit its great or you save up a bit and then go for this worthwhile upgrade. The cheaper alternative is to add an HD7750 or GTX 550 or lower to the existing set up and carry on.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@bhavikv9488
Have a little bit of patience,your queries will be answered by members.
You can simply bump the original thread if you need.No need to create another thread for this.
Deleting the other thread-No answers from any members . . Strange !!!!!

OP
B

bhavikv9488

Broken In
@bhavikv9488
Have a little bit of patience,your queries will be answered by members.
You can simply bump the original thread if you need.No need to create another thread for this.
Deleting the other thread-No answers from any members . . Strange !!!!!

@vkl, thanks for our response and sorry if it projected any signs of impatience. Found it strange members viewing the thread and not responding.

@ The Incinerator, looks a good option.

Any inputs considering AMD ?? say reducing on GPU cost and adding up to the processor.

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budget, Intel is a better option and also the Gfx card suggested by Incinerator is perfect. no point of going back to a lower end cards. If you are considering AMD then the options are FX 8120 @ 9.4K + Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.5K, ahead of your budget.

OP
B

bhavikv9488

Broken In
At your budget, Intel is a better option and also the Gfx card suggested by Incinerator is perfect. no point of going back to a lower end cards. If you are considering AMD then the options are FX 8120 @ 9.4K + Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.5K, ahead of your budget.

if not 8120, how about 6100 ??

i just went through the specs and found 6100 is a 6 cored and the suggested i3 is 2 cored , definitely there would be some aspects which i am unaware of but yet intel is advisable.

Any inputs on the Trinity/Piledriver . . will that fit into my budget ??

I read that they are yet to get launched in India, i can wait in that case.

And I can even right now compromise on the GPU by not buying it right now and postpone it to my next salary.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Actually FX 6100 is a very poor processor for gaming even it is a 6 core Processor, due to some poor architecture and not so better support under Windows 7 OS. Core i3 3220 beats it hands down in gaming and even some multi-threaded benchmarks. Although in AutoCad and Photoshop it might shine over i3 due to its 6 Cores. Chose as per your priority.

Top Bottom