Kindle In India

anky

Youngling
hi Guys,
M planning to buy kindle (basic version) here in India.
I have some doubts which i want to clear before buying.

1. In India Kindle which are sold are old versions. Is it true?
2. Do we get the charger with kindle itself or we have to buy it separately?
3. Can we use USB LED for reading in dark.
4. Is buying paper-white version worth it (4k rs difference)

kunnusingh

Journeyman
- No, Its depend on product model. Paperwhite and Kindle Fire both are different and latest version however I am not sure but first I do not recommended to buy Kindle, I use kindle from last 14 month and it broke. No any service center anywhere. You are going to invest 13k money on a product which don't have a any service center and they do not sell extended warranty so you are going to waste money.

- No, You will only get a USB cable(i can't remember, maybe even USB cable is not included) but I am 100% sure that charger is not included. You can recharge your Kindle by connecting it via MicroUSB. (Connect with your Laptop/PC to charge kindle)

I was use my mobile phone charger to charge my kindle and sometimes charge it using Laptop by connecting it via USB Cable.

- If you will buy Kindle which is nearly about Rs.5k to 6k then it will not included inbuilt LED. Only paperwhite comes with inbuilt LED and Kindle Fire.

- Only difference is Inbuilt LED, You can read at night without using any additional light on Paperwhite but you can't read at night If you purchase 5k kindle.

I do not recommended to buy Kindle, Its better to buy book or read it on PC/Mobile. 99.999% kindle broke after 1 year when your device is not in warranty and If damage is physical then they will not replace your kindle.

I attached a email response from Kindle India team who refuse to repair my Kindle and reply me to use Kindle App on your mobile.

*zeromb.com/image/di-5UA9.jpg

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
- No, Its depend on product model. Paperwhite and Kindle Fire both are different and latest version however I am not sure but first I do not recommended to buy Kindle, I use kindle from last 14 month and it broke. No any service center anywhere. You are going to invest 13k money on a product which don't have a any service center and they do not sell extended warranty so you are going to waste money.

- No, You will only get a USB cable(i can't remember, maybe even USB cable is not included) but I am 100% sure that charger is not included. You can recharge your Kindle by connecting it via MicroUSB. (Connect with your Laptop/PC to charge kindle)

I was use my mobile phone charger to charge my kindle and sometimes charge it using Laptop by connecting it via USB Cable.

- If you will buy Kindle which is nearly about Rs.5k to 6k then it will not included inbuilt LED. Only paperwhite comes with inbuilt LED and Kindle Fire.

- Only difference is Inbuilt LED, You can read at night without using any additional light on Paperwhite but you can't read at night If you purchase 5k kindle.

I do not recommended to buy Kindle, Its better to buy book or read it on PC/Mobile. 99.999% kindle broke after 1 year when your device is not in warranty and If damage is physical then they will not replace your kindle.

I attached a email response from Kindle India team who refuse to repair my Kindle and reply me to use Kindle App on your mobile.

*zeromb.com/image/di-5UA9.jpg

thanks a lot for this...read similar reviews on amazon too.will not buy this.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Offtopic kindof but just wanted to say this.... The presence of no service centers is a bummer. But, being a die hard book reader I have bought two so far. Once you get used to reading on a kindle you cannot go back.

Top Bottom