kgb compressor . . . does it really work

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
what is this kgb compressor and does it really compress files to such sizes as mentioned in other threads . . . and what are the formats supported by it . . . is it only for text or doc types . .

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
fine but takes maximum usage of cpu and more time to sit before computer, cut never believe who say that we can convert 1 gb to 1 kb,if so no need Tera Bytes hard disks,it will compress only desired levels and remain one thing more time should be given to it and since it consumes almost 80% of cpu usage we cannot perform any other task during this

jal_desai

In the zone
it hogs the system beyond limits and not to mention the time it takes to compress.. moreover if u want a very very good compression then ur hard drive should be almost empty...
Overall Rating: 1/5

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
jal_desai said:
it hogs the system beyond limits and not to mention the time it takes to compress.. moreover if u want a very very good compression then ur hard drive should be almost empty...
Overall Rating: 1/5

can you say some more clear, hard disk shoul be empty ?

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
i think it fake n doesnt work atll. how can it compress hundreds of mbs into few kbs.. logically its not possible, how comes its possible practically??

jal_desai

In the zone
Batistabomb said:
can you say some more clear, hard disk shoul be empty ?

I mean it needs lot of space for temporary storage when the compression is going on... i've used it... when i selected the BEST compression option... it said no.. coz i didnt had enough hard disk memory...IT sucks man... WinRAR is the best for me.

Sykora

I see right through you.
kgb does work. I've seen full cd isos compressed to 64kb. Yes, it takes an extremely long time to compress/decompress, and it does need a lot of space, but it does work.

ninad_xpress

Broken In
It does not take place in ur Hard disk but it takes lots of RAM usage so u need lots of RAM. I have used it on 2GB RAM at Extreme/Insane Quality compression & it took around 1.4GB of RAM & compressed 1.2GB files in 340MB so it also depends on ur data which is to be compressed. Use WinRAR, its best & fast of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom