Keyboard Problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandit

In the zone
recently i am faccing a wierd problem.....my SAMSAUNG keyboard works fine in win 98 but in winXP some of the keys are swapped like when i press the @ on keyboard the " character is printed..... i tried reinstalling the standard drivers(for the microsoft standard 101 keys) no other drivers are included.......HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP....:mad:

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
You must have got a software CD with the keyboard pack. You msut install the drivers from it. Or you can download the drivers for your keyboard model from the
Net. If nothing helps you can contact Logitech for help.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
try discount it and then reconnect.
this happens because wrong ping get into wrong sockets

sakumar79

Technomancer
Verify Keyboard properties in Control Panel to see if standard drivers are installed... Have you installed any key mapping software that you may have deleted/forgotten?

Arun

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
goto control panel>refional and language options>languages>details

varify both options here that the keyboard is US English.

shovik

Banned
Jguru, Vandit is talking about his Samsung keyboard not a Logitech. Try out the method which Rollercoaster suggested. Sometimes due to imporper shutdown many binaires in windows system files get chenaged and due to them we get silly errors.
Be sure that your machine is recognised by US English as most Samsung keyboard are pre-configured for that diction..

Regards,
Shovik.

MangyaSal

Right off the assembly line
Hey may be I know What exactly happened to ur keyboard...
see u can type as per appropriate alphabet as keyboard have...that seems ur k.b is ok as per hardware front & software front you have to select "Language layout Option" through control panel >Regional&Language option>goto Language palet>then press "detail" button & Text services & Languages applet will pop up>under settings> add or change Keyboard input language layout from US to UK (or try whatever U match) you will get proper scanning of alphabets as per you enter from your SAMSUNG keyboard. it is COZ of Samsung made these keyboards for UK users
see u can type as per appropriate alphabet as keyboard have...that seems ur k.b is ok as per hardware front & software front you have to select "Language layout Option" through control panel >Regional&Language option>goto Language palet>then press "detail" button & Text services & Languages applet will pop up>under settings> add or change Keyboard input language layout from US to UK (or try whatever U match) you will get proper scanning of alphabets as per you enter from your SAMSUNG keyboard. it is COZ of Samsung made these keyboards for UK users

Last edited:

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Hi guys.

I have a Samsung Multimedia Keyboard (SDM4510P).
I bought it last year & it has been workinxg fine since then.

But today, while I was working, some keys on the keyboard developed a problem.

Whenever I press the left CTRL button, help files automatically open. I mean the left CTRL key is functioning like F1 key. It is not functioning like CTRL key. The F1 key is working properly.

Secondly, the right CTRL key prints "X" when I press it. It sometimes works as CTRL key. "X" key is working normally.

The third key that has developed problem is the no. 2 key (above alphabets, not numpad 2 key). It has got associated with a hotkey (User 1) on my keyboard. So, whenever I press the 2 key, the no. 2 prints but also a program associated with "User 1" hotkey runs automatically.

And lastly, the User 1 key is facing the same problem like no. 2 key.
It seems that the no. 2 & "User 1" keys have got linked & are running the same applications & printing 2 when pressed.

I have already tried all the solutions mentioned in this post. But to no avail.

Kindly help me.

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
seems to be a prob with the internals(the contact sheets i mean)
try to get it replaced

PS u could try dropping facedown a few times on ur bed.. makes old keys work sometimes.

BTW... thanks fo reusing the thread... :)

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Well, here is the good news.
I opened up my keyboard, dismanteled everything, then put back together everything & like magic, the keybaord starts working fine.
So, here's a suggestion: If u'r keyboard develops a fault, & if u have no problem opening u'r keyboard, try to do what I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom