Keyboard lock in dell machines with Ubuntu8.10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srbharadwaj

Broken In
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Hi,

I have a dell studio laptop with dual boot(Vista + Ubuntu8.10)
I have just noticed that whenever I use (fn+brightnesscontrol) key to decresse or increase the brightness of the screen the laptop’s keyboard and the mouse pad’s button gets locked…I mean it dos’nt respond any keystrokes on the keyboard and the mouse buttons wont function hover the mouse pointer but the mouse buttons also dos’nt work
If I don’t use those keys to decrease the brightness then everything wrks fine….
Have any one faced this issue? Is it a hardware problem in dell laptops or a bug in Ubuntu??

amol48

Searching...
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } Hi,

I have a dell studio laptop with dual boot(Vista + Ubuntu8.10)
I have just noticed that whenever I use (fn+brightnesscontrol) key to decresse or increase the brightness of the screen the laptop’s keyboard and the mouse pad’s button gets locked…I mean it dos’nt respond any keystrokes on the keyboard and the mouse buttons wont function hover the mouse pointer but the mouse buttons also dos’nt work
If I don’t use those keys to decrease the brightness then everything wrks fine….
Have any one faced this issue? Is it a hardware problem in dell laptops or a bug in Ubuntu??

Does it happen with Vista too?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Perhaps you need to look for Dell-specific keyboard models under the System > Preferences > Keyboard and set it to the one you're using.

vamsi360

Always confused
i have used ubuntu 8.04 on my Inspiron 1525 and didnot face such problem. May be its a bug in 8.10.

OP
S

srbharadwaj

Broken In
Does it happen with Vista too?

No it dos'nt

Perhaps you need to look for Dell-specific keyboard models under the System > Preferences > Keyboard and set it to the one you're using.

Hmm.. will chk that and let u knw as well...

i have used ubuntu 8.04 on my Inspiron 1525 and didnot face such problem. May be its a bug in 8.10.

Is it? can u upgrade to 8.10 if possible and let us knw...

piyushp_20

Geekologist
i am also using a studio laptop and dual booting vista and ubuntu 8.10 but not getting the problem mentioned here... i would suggest u to reinstall ubuntu and try again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom