Keyboard "Five Times Filthier Than Toilet Seat"

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Keyboard "Five Times Filthier Than Toilet Seat"

A study by a consumer group has discovered shockingly large amounts of dirt and harmful bacteria on the humble office keyboard, with one in the study containing five times more bacteria than a toilet seat... Or 150 times the safe limit of bacteria’s such as E.coli and staphylococcus aureus.

The germs found could cause various forms of illness, including food poisoning type symptoms. The main culprits for growing bacteria on a keyboard are people who eat lunch at their desks, and let the crumbs fall between the keys; and those who do not wash their hands properly.

The study, by consumer group Which? found that 10-percent of people said they never cleaned their keyboard, with a further 20-percent admitting to never cleaning their mouse, and almost half cleaned their keyboard less than once a month.

Which? Computing editor Sarah Kidner said: "Most people don’t give much thought to the grime that builds up on their PC but if you don’t clean your computer you might as well eat your lunch off the toilet."

"Why not give your PC a spring clean? It’s quite simple to do and could prevent your computer from becoming a health hazard."

*www.tomsguide.com/us/Keyboard-Bacteria-Health,news-1213.html

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
very old.

btw - where does one get KB cleaners like the one shown in gattaca.(its a small device with a nozzle which $ucks the dirt/dust from b/n the keys)

slugger

Banned
mine is not likely to be so dirty......wipe it with a damp cloth every 2 days of so and every 3 months i pop out all the keys and soak all the plastic componnts in mild detergent and brush it key-by-key

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hehe. Does this mean that I used to sit beside a toilet. My ex-colleague in office does everything (except shitting) in his cube. Eat roti and with the same hands, he used to type. :)

mind021

Broken In
^^ to karte raho type ;)

oh thank god i kept cleaning my keyboard patak patak ke:D

hahaha..its like held it up..n den hit its back hard
also i had to open it, remove all keys and den refix dem as usually the keys get stuck:cool:

hahahaaa...unknowingly i kept my keyboard very clean
now i can tease my friends for deir dirty keyboard who used to earlier tease me for old keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom