Kaveri A10-7770K/ 7850K upgrade?

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
yupp even my friend has amd he is really upset with it really unstable and require better maintainance than intel.Intel is like nokia and amd is like samsung.So cpu cooler is very much recommended.Plus if you are going for gaming i will suggest intel with decent gpu check ecent amd mantle results i3s gaming performance is similar to i7

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
yupp even my friend has amd he is really upset with it really unstable and require better maintainance than intel.Intel is like nokia and amd is like samsung.So cpu cooler is very much recommended.Plus if you are going for gaming i will suggest intel with decent gpu check ecent amd mantle results i3s gaming performance is similar to i7

^First of all please clarify that whether SAMSUNG is a trash or crap,with such a huge market share globally. Nokia is also an awesome of its product itself,especially they rebounded back after the Lumia series.
Why such laughable comparison? Both are giving quality products.
Same with Intel and AMD. I never mentioned AMD is superior to Intel. In fact Intel is superior and is ahead than AMD in its products,performance,etc. aspects. But AMD is just behind Intel regarding performance lag,processing power...and IS SUPERIOR to Intel in terms of Graphics performance.

What @URPradhan emphasised was true for AMD in its Athlon-XP CPU days. But nowadays particularly the AMD FX CPU's or the APU's run much cooler than Intel counterparts(particularly Ivy-bridge series of Intel).
No question or discussion or misunderstanding regarding performance of the CPU's arises. Intel is superior in performance.

Hope that makes it clear.

- - - Updated - - -

bhai logo i guess which one is cooler can be discussed somewhere else....... here kindly focus on what i asked!!??

Bhai @vishu_ka,you may go with AMD A10-7850K (Kaveri) where you can play games at medium settings with good fps.
As for socket FM2+ boards I think better to buy ASUS or GIGABYTE boards,which will be present at online site may be March 2014 onwards. (I don't know how one of our friend has remarked that it will take 6~12 months to reach India. Requesting anyone that just don't mention only for the sake of mentioning and undermining a product without going in for detailed reviews,notes from other sites.)

Price for premium FM2+ boards will be nearer to Rs.10k or so.
If you go in for BIOSTAR/ASROCK motherboards based on FM2+ socket you might find the price around Rs.6k~Rs.7k or so...

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
So finally..... wait is worth! i guess i have to first wait for these products to hit Indian market then lets c which one will be good deal!!

URPradhan

Journeyman
So finally..... wait is worth! i guess i have to first wait for these products to hit Indian market then lets c which one will be good deal!!
If you are waiting for Kaveri A10-7770K/ 7850K rush to SMC at Nehru Palace, New Delhi they have the stock.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Fx series is already dead and while knowing a product line is dead why to go for such product. Even the board you will buy for fx6300 will not be used by future processors.
1st of all, what do you mean by dead? Does it mean AMD won't manufacture new type of FX series PRocessors? IF that is the case then Intel Haswell is also dead as Brodwell will be requiring a new socket. So what Processor people will buy, only AMD Kaveri right?
Listen buddy, increase your knowledge base 1st. A Processor is dead only when the manufacturing process for it is stopped. Though AMD won't release new series of FX processors, they are not stopping manufacturing of current FX lineup and AM3+ socket based Processors will be for next 2 years for sure.

Vishu_Ka, current generation games are vey demanding, both in CPU and GPU side. AMD KAveri series is no doubt, an engineering milestone but they are not powerful enough to handle games at highest settings. Their Dual Modules are not powerful enough and the lack of L3 cache really hurts the performance.
Get FX 6300 which offers two more integer cores, 1 more FPU and 2MB of extra L2 and 8MB of L3 cache. Those things are gonna help a lot in real world cases.

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
If you are waiting for Kaveri A10-7770K/ 7850K rush to SMC at Nehru Palace, New Delhi they have the stock.

R u sure?? i mean they have not displayed it on their site..... Do u know at what price?

- - - Updated - - -

Vishu_Ka, current generation games are vey demanding, both in CPU and GPU side. AMD KAveri series is no doubt, an engineering milestone but they are not powerful enough to handle games at highest settings. Their Dual Modules are not powerful enough and the lack of L3 cache really hurts the performance.
Get FX 6300 which offers two more integer cores, 1 more FPU and 2MB of extra L2 and 8MB of L3 cache. Those things are gonna help a lot in real world cases.

Say if i want to play only at med setting + games released upto 2012 then which one will u propose? (coz i have got toplay list of 10-15 games before 2012 and after them i m planning of gud discrete GPU,, will then Kaveri is worth??)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no point in getting kaveri if one is planning to get a good graphics card.FX 6300+good mid-range graphics card is a better combination than kaveri+same graphics card not to mention cheaper also.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
^First of all please clarify that whether SAMSUNG is a trash or crap,with such a huge market share globally. Nokia is also an awesome of its product itself,especially they rebounded back after the Lumia series.
Why such laughable comparison? Both are giving quality products.
Same with Intel and AMD. I never mentioned AMD is superior to Intel. In fact Intel is superior and is ahead than AMD in its products,performance,etc. aspects. But AMD is just behind Intel regarding performance lag,processing power...and IS SUPERIOR to Intel in terms of Graphics performance.

What @URPradhan emphasised was true for AMD in its Athlon-XP CPU days. But nowadays particularly the AMD FX CPU's or the APU's run much cooler than Intel counterparts(particularly Ivy-bridge series of Intel).
No question or discussion or misunderstanding regarding performance of the CPU's arises. Intel is superior in performance.

Hope that makes it clear.
well i was never comparing nokia and samsung in terms of performance,was only comparing on the maintainance part in which nokia is better and reliable :D well i am not against amd too in graphic performance they are good i got a amd card too

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
R u sure?? i mean they have not displayed it on their site..... Do u know at what price?

- - - Updated - - -

Say if i want to play only at med setting + games released upto 2012 then which one will u propose? (coz i have got toplay list of 10-15 games before 2012 and after them i m planning of gud discrete GPU,, will then Kaveri is worth??)
@vishu_ka,if you have the budget to spend then listen to the advice of @Cilus.
No matter whatever tech. advancements,market dynamics will never let an IGP or APU to prevail upon a discrete graphics card (mid to high end GPU)attached in system with a mid to high end CPU in all processing aspects.

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
@vishu_ka,if you have the budget to spend then listen to the advice of @Cilus.
No matter whatever tech. advancements,market dynamics will never let an IGP or APU to prevail upon a discrete graphics card (mid to high end GPU)attached in system with a mid to high end CPU in all processing aspects.

yeah i realize that Igpu cant defeat Discrete but what i m seeking is since this R7 igpu is 7750 equivalent so wont it be suffice to play games at MED setting?? (as i told i will be playing games released upto 2012 which will will take 8-10 months and then addup a discrete)
I think 6300 is a beast whose capability will be wasted as except Gaming i wont be doing any CPU hungry work + its no IGPU intimidates me most!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
who told that R7 igpu is 7750 equivalent?it is weaker than 7750.
Benchmark Results: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power
Gaming: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim And World Of Warcraft - AMD A10-7850K And A8-7600: Kaveri Gives Us A Taste Of HSA

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
who told that R7 igpu is 7750 equivalent?it is weaker than 7750.
Benchmark Results: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power
Gaming: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim And World Of Warcraft - AMD A10-7850K And A8-7600: Kaveri Gives Us A Taste Of HSA

I found it on someone's tech review site!! exactly i dont remember.....

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
check above links.7850K igpu is definitely weaker than 7750.in fact the latest graphics card series of R7 250 is also weaker than 7750.

OP
V

vishu_ka

Broken In
With discrete (say 7790) A10 igpu will work as crossfire or simply discrete takes over and igpu is of no use??

Cilus

laborare est orare
That is a very generic statement about 2012 Games, try Crysis 2, released in 2012 in high settings. And another thing: R7 iGPU has same number of stream processors as HD 7730, not 7750. Also the performance of a Graphics card also depends heavily upon the Memory it uses and the dedicated ones use GDDR5 memory which is twice faster than a DDR3 memory running at same speed. But iGPU in AMD APU shares the system Ram which is 1600 MHz in maximum cases. And even when paired with a very high speed and costly memory like 2133 MHz one, it can't match the performance of a GPU with same number of stream Processors but coupled with GDDR5 memory.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
i recently upgraded to i3 3210 +sapphire hd 7730 1gb gddr5.Bf3 gives me max 120 and 80 fps avg on ultra @1024*768 bf4 gave me max 90 fps and 60 avg on ultra i still have crt 17''

Top Bottom