Kaspersky Vs NOD 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys,
I use NOD 32 with Zone Alarm.Is Kaspersky 6.0 better than my NOD32+ Zone Alarm combo.I have 512 MB memory so pls see the memory usage also.....

Thanks,

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Kaspersky is gonna kill 512 MB, plus u run ZA as well. NOD is the least mem consuming antivir after AVG, and its pretty decent. I suggest u stick to the combo.

ashfame

Padawan
MysticHalo said:
Kaspersky is gonna kill 512 MB, plus u run ZA as well. NOD is the least mem consuming antivir after AVG, and its pretty decent. I suggest u stick to the combo.

r u kidding !!

KAV 6 - Hardware requirements
Microsoft Windows 98 (SE), Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 1 or higher
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 2 or higher
Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 with Service Pack 6a
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher (for product & antivirus database updates via the Internet)
CD-ROM (for product installation)
Internet connection (for product activation)
Intel Pentium 133 MHz or higher for Microsoft Windows 98 (SE), Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 and Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Intel Pentium 150 MHz or higher for Microsoft Windows ME
32 MB RAM for Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 and Microsoft Windows 98 (SE) and Microsoft Windows ME
64 MB RAM for Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Intel Pentium 300 MHz or higher and 128 MB RAM for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition / Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
50 MB available HDD space

And u saying its gonna kill 512MB.

KAV is gr8 antivirus

but when i loaded i can feel the load it puts on CPU

so tried it for 1 month and later got bored

and now back to ZONE ALARM antivirus + firewall.This doesnt slow the PC at all

Vyasram

The pWnster
kaspersky never kills 512, i use it on 512 mb ram , blazing fast compared to norton.
I use kis-firewall+zonealarm pro ..a striking combination. best of da best55

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
@ashfame -: Here's my reply- Norton 2006 sysreq.
  • 300MHz or higher processor
  • 256 MB of RAM
  • 150 MB of hard disk space
@ vyasram -: Try NOD 32 and then tell me which one is faster. with Kaspersky , it takes abt 1 min for everything to load, with NOD, it takes abt 15 secs. And NOD offers grt protection as well :)

ashfame

Padawan
@ mystichalo
u was saying KAV is gonna kill 512.
may be i understand u wrong buddy
was u in favour of KAV.
Why u telling me the req. of NAV 2006.
i never say its bad with 512MB, its just good i u hav it on >512MB

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
ashfame said:
@ mystichalo
u was saying KAV is gonna kill 512.
may be i understand u wrong buddy
was u in favour of KAV.
Why u telling me the req. of NAV 2006.
i never say its bad with 512MB, its just good i u hav it on >512MB

NP, buddy. I know KAV is better in detection rates, but NOD is sufficient. I just posted the sysreqs of NAV to show that those dont mean much...to get the real performance, u need almost double whats posted in sysreqs. If u run NAV with the posted sysreqs, its gonna lag like crazy; same holds true for KAV. Though its much lighter than NAV, but its nnot easy to run it on 512, specially when the real-time scanner is set to HIGH or THOROUGH ;)

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Well No since KAV is set on thorough real time protection on my measly 256 mb ram with no hiccoughs

go4saket

For me, NOD32 doesnt even stand near KAV. I find KAV to be the best and with ZA, it simply rocks...

OP
samrulez

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for all the help I am now using KAV (the trial version) and will switch to my old combo later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom