Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i m thinking of kicking Avast and going for Kaspersky home edition ...

i dunno much abt it since i have not used it b4

but b4 downloading and installing it i want u guys who have used it to tell me the following ...

i use e-donkey for downloading all kinda stuff
i use Microsoft Outlook as e-mail editor to check mails frm yahoo and gmail
firefox and IE browsers
my dad uses the net for secure transactions

Avast had been a good friend and protected me in all the above cases

will Kaspersky do the same .???

will it scan e-donkey files automatically? will it scan incoming attachments automatically?

plz let me know ...

thanks a lot in advance .....

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i m gona use the free version only

where is the free version ??/ i cant find it ...
is it not free for home use??

swatkat

Technomancer
There is no free version of Kaspersky. It's a commercial Software. The background scanner will scan the files/programs before opening them.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
oh :-( ok thanks

well is there any freeware antivirus which scans for spywares and also givs gud anti-virus protection ....

scans mail attachments downloaded thru Outlook
scans P2P downloaded files

swatkat

Technomancer
Nod32 Beta Version, it's free. It can detect virus, spyware, trojans and other malwares. It scans email, office documents, web pages and components.
*www.nod32.com/download/downbeta.htm

AVG also scans webpages, email downloaded through Outlook, and detects trojans/spyware pretty well.
*free.grisoft.com/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
iinfi said:
oh Sad ok thanks

dont be sad..... there is a 30 day trial version..... use it.... u will see the deferance.... & trust me u will be thinking of getting a lience.....

& for ur questions.....

iinfi said:
Avast had been a good friend and protected me in all the above cases

it is damm good...... see a example AntiVirus Software other than KAV hasnt detected this month digit special gift (a little trojan free with there DVD *thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=180606&sid=b39c712b81bbaf9a10aed38817806bac#180606)....

iinfi said:
i use e-donkey for downloading all kinda stuff
i use Microsoft Outlook as e-mail editor to check mails frm yahoo and gmail
firefox and IE browsers
my dad uses the net for secure transactions

KAV has ver good parhaps one of the best scanning engine.... it can be configer to intergret it with MS Outlook or with Outlook express..... see the screen shot......

*img178.echo.cx/img178/8503/ss9cp.jpg

iinfi said:
will it scan e-donkey files automatically? will it scan incoming attachments automatically?

i asked this question with DAP..... a guy did posted that the Persona version of KAV 5.0 has a command line scanning option therefor it can be config to scan the downloaded files from DAP...... but as i have KAV 5.0 PerPro i couldnt able to impliment it...... damm cant find link of that topic now.... but i post it latter....

iinfi said:
will it scan incoming attachments automatically?

i think i have answared it.....

& the most important is this if u r in winxp sp2 as i am in... kav will slow u down a lot.... as u were useing Avast u will feel the deference big time.....

if u r in win98SE then KAV will lounche a full system scan in the back ground every start up.... & u have to cancle it manualy with around 7-9 mouse click (coulndt find anyway to close it....)......

all in all i think here in the forum... there is atlist 10 topic showing web link that reviews KAV as the best AVS with 99.99% detection.....

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
saurav_cheeta thanks a lot for ur reply ....

the reason i wanted to kick avast was the Free Trojan provided by Digit which avast didnt detect .... :)

abt buying/testing Kaspersky i will have to think abt it ...
initially i thought it was a freeware .....

thanks to all for ur replies ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom