Kasab Hanged : Justice Served.

Hrishi

Source :
Breaking News: Kasab executed in Pune's Yerwada jail in secret - Mumbai - DNA

In a top-secret operation, Pakistan national Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab was hanged in the high-security Yerwada Jail in Pune early on Wednesday after a four-year-long trial. Kasab, who was being kept at the Arthur Road Jail in Mumbai, was moved to the Yerwada jail on Sunday night.

The lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai attack of November 26, 2008 was shifted to the Yerwada Jail following the rejection of his mercy petition by the President earlier on November 5.

In a formal announcement made by Maharashtra home minister early at 8:30 am on Wednesday, RR Patil said, "Kasab's hanging is a tribute to all the 166 people killed as well as those police officer martyred in the attack."

"Yes, Kasab has been hanged this (Wednesday) morning at 7.30 am in Yerawada central jail," special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam, who led the 26/11 terror attacks case, told IANS.

Once a mercy plea is rejected by the President, the case goes back to the trial court, which then takes into account the Supreme Court upholding its death sentence order. The trial court then sets up a date for the hanging. However, in this case, the decision may been taken on the prison officer's level itself, thus opening a debate on the issue.

Sentenced to death by the Bombay High Court in last October, Kasab was convicted on charges ranging from treason to waging war against India. His appeal in the Supreme Court was turned down in August.

The hanging of the Mumbai attacker a day before the winter session of the Parliament is expected to provide a temporary succour to the government facing a no-confidence motion against it.

TOI Source :
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Ajmal-Kasab-hanged-at-Yerwada-Jail-in-Pune/articleshow/17303820.cms
NEW DELHI: Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Ajmal Kasab, accused for the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was today hanged at Yerwada Jail in Pune at 7:30 am after President Pranab Mukherjee rejected his mercy petition.

According to Maharashtra home minister R R Patil: "26/11 Mumbai terror attack accused Ajmal Kasab's mercy petition was rejected on November 8. He also confirmed that Kasab was hanged at about 7:30am on Wednesday.

Earlier, the Lashkar-e-Toiba operative was shifted from Mumbai's Arthur Road Jail to Pune's Yerawada Jail.

The entire process was excuted very secretly, the report added.

The President's rejection came two months after the Home ministry rejected Kasab's mercy petition.

Kasab and nine other Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists had sailed into Mumbai on November 26, 2008 from Karachi and killed 166 people.
So guys , Kasab has been executed finally.Believe it or not. But Kangress did something good to please the public.
Yeah , no more biryanis and kebabs for him. 2012 was the last year for Kesab atleast. :)

Justice is Served.

Btw , why was this a secret operation ???

Last edited:
OP
Hrishi

Hrishi

Good thing. At least the family members of those who dies on 26/11 will be happy and relieved. :)

*Died.

Yeah , though nothing can bring back their deceased members , this judgment has at least brought some peace in to their heart.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Man, if it is secret - How we know that the hanged person is really KASAB?

How you know the person arrested was Kasab? He could be a badly beaten civilian too, claiming to be Kasab in front of media because he doesn't want more torture. :chinscratch:

Flash

Lost in speed
How you know the person arrested was Kasab? He could be a badly beaten civilian too, claiming to be Kasab in front of media because he doesn't want more torture. :chinscratch:

Media taught us that "this person with a gun on his hand & caught on a security camera" is Kasab and often shows videos or add images with news like "Kasab sent a plea", "Kasab want Biriyani", "Kasab had Dengue", etc., In our minds, he was registered as Kasab. So, he (really kasab or some person on that name) will be held accountable for all actions taken against him.

Now, the news say "Kasab got hanged". Saddam got hanged and it was said it's a covert op, but we got a proof that Saddam is really hanged, and not his Body-double (if so).
So, whether this news is really TRUE or just framed to show "Look people, he's hanged. So, don't worry about him anymore and go on with your work?"

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Well Windows has a point. And frankly death isn't the worst sentence anyway. For these blind Islamists it means "dying for god", "heaven" and "72 virgins". :|

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Media taught us that "this person with a gun on his hand & caught on a security camera" is Kasab and often shows videos or add images with news like "Kasab sent a plea", "Kasab want Biriyani", "Kasab had Dengue", etc., In our minds, he was registered as Kasab. So, he (really kasab or some person on that name) will be held accountable for all actions taken against him.

Now, the news say "Kasab got hanged". Saddam got hanged and it was said it's a covert op, but we got a proof that Saddam is really hanged, and not his Body-double (if so).
So, whether this news is really TRUE or just framed to show "Look people, he's hanged. So, don't worry about him anymore and go on with your work?"

Or maybe he did have dengue, but they didn't let the news out and hanged him before he dies of dengue, just to save their noses?

funskar

Padawan
I m sure he should have died due to dengue ..
And khangress trying to get attention by spreading news kasab hanged to death secretly..

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Nothing to be proud of or to celeberate. It took us 4 years.

Gearbox, SERIOUSLY? Give me one reason why the GOI will want to hang a body double and not him. :|

Hope no pics or video will be leaked. We need to Move on.

Flash

Lost in speed
I m sure he should have died due to dengue ..
And khangress trying to get attention by spreading news kasab hanged to death secretly..

It reminds me of proverb in tamil, where it say "As the crow sits and the fruit fell". (so, it will appear like Fruit fell because of the crow)
What you said with Cong. is like that..

Gearbox, SERIOUSLY? Give me one reason why the GOI will want to hang a body double and not him. :|
Hope no pics or video will be leaked. We need to Move on.

I accept, that he's a not a great person to use body double. I meant that for Saddam.
But, we can't blindly believe media - they can reincarnate the dead & do the vice versa too.

If it's really Kasab, i would just like to pass a R.I.P.

Top Bottom