Karbonn A21 dead

tripleclutch

Broken In
I have a friend who has completely wiped his Karbonn A21's data out, trying to show off his rooting skills. He had successfully rooted his phone, but then he tried to change the icons of the OS using an app called Rom Toolkit Pro, but then his device displayed an error, and since then all apps he tried to run started crashing. He turned his device off, but when he started to turn it on again, it just kept on displaying the boot animation, but never actually booted. He thought he had bricked the phone, and followed some vague instructions online on how to unbrick; and then he ended up wiping his Karbonn A21's internal storage, completely wiping the Android OS's files off. Now his phone is completely dead.
Is there any way an Android OS can be freshly installed on his phone? Due to the rooting, his warranty is also no longer valid. Or should he take his device to the service centre? Please help guys :(

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
This may not work. But ask you friend to try taking it to the service centre and say he doesn't know why the phone is not turning on.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
he ended up wiping his Karbonn A21's internal storage, completely wiping the Android OS's files off. Now his phone is completely dead.

not dead according to me. he simply wiped the Android OS. if proper tools are available from Karbonn and a copy of the official rom, it can be restored. it can be restored using JTAG if the official rom is available.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
you cant "simply" wipe the android OS.. Its there, just some files may be missing..
I believe he messed up the framework-res.apk
If he has clockwork mod installed , you can cook up a temporary framework installer by using some tutorials .. easy really.. but u WILL require the original Framework-res.apk.. Try searching around the internet, maybe someone has uploaded it
but itll only work if u have clockwork mod installed tho
PROTIP: While theming, ALWAYS keep a backup framework-res installer on the root of your SD card

OP
T

tripleclutch

Broken In
Thanks everyone, for the replies :D
My friend finally decided to just take the device to a service center and pretend that he knows nothing about its 'death'!

Top Bottom