Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
*cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/225540/header.jpg?t=1423837239

About This Game

The Mediterranean republic of Medici is suffering under the brutal control of General Di Ravello, a dictator with an insatiable appetite for power. Enter Rico Rodriguez, a man on a mission to destroy the General’s hold on power by any means necessary. With over 400 square miles of complete freedom from sky to seabed and a huge arsenal of weaponry, gadgets and vehicles, prepare to unleash chaos in the most creative and explosive ways you can imagine.

FEATURES:

Explore a Mediterranean island paradise with complete vertical freedom – skydive, BASE jump and free dive in an open world with virtually zero limits
Glide through the air and swoop across mountains with your Wingsuit giving a new way to rain death from above
Use your Grapple and Parachute to scale buildings, hijack vehicles, move quickly or tether objects together for creative new ways to cause Chaos.
Cause massive chains of destruction in military bases, harbours, prisons, police stations and communications facilities to bring down a dictator
Arm yourself with a wide range of explosive weaponry from shotguns and missile launchers to tank-busters and air-strikes
Choose from a huge variety of different vehicles to drive including speedboats, jets, helicopters, turbo-fuelled sports cars and super bikes
Get adventurous with dozens of challenge missions and collectibles to discover
Online community features

Title: Just Cause™ 3
Genre: Action, Adventure
Developer: Avalanche Studios
Publisher: Square Enix
Release Date: 2015

Source : Steam

Last edited:
OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
PC Gamer: Grappling with the chaos of Just Cause 3

I'm looking at a piece of concept art pinned to a window in Avalanche’s Swedish studio. It shows a beautiful Mediterranean beach glowing in the afternoon sun. Then I look past it, out of the window, and see that it’s snowing heavily outside. It seems strange that a series famous for its tropical picture-postcard settings is made in Stockholm and New York: two cities known for their brutal winters. But then that’s what Just Cause is all about: escapism.
“Just Cause gives you that feeling of being twelve years old,” says Roland Lesterlin, game director. “You almost have the mind of an adult. You understand the world. But everyone’s taller than you. The moon is bigger. The stars are big. You get into a car and it’s big. It’s this sense of wonder and learning new things. New smells, new tastes. And games have a unique ability to give us that emotion.”
Just Cause 3, he says, is built with this feeling in mind. A world of possibilities that rewards inquisitive players, and coaxes you to prod and experiment with its systems. But at the same time, it’s not as wild as, say, Saints Row. This is intentional according to Lesterlin: “Compared to other open-world games, we push more towards the sandbox. But as outrageous as it is, we’re still grounded in reality in a lot of ways. Take the wingsuit. It feels real because it’s fast, and when you hit the ground it’s a little aggressive. But you can fly for long distances without losing momentum. I think when you get too absurd it damages your sense of escapism.”

*ec0c5a7f741a6f3bff65-dd07187202f57fa404a8f047da2bcff5.r85.cf1.rackcdn.com/images/Rnu1yvXEbHdn.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg​

Alok

Adventurer

- - - Updated - - -

devs said "The JustCause3 trailer contains no scripting, just cool camera angles."

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
this: *cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/HPWYfLcnrjFM4j5z6X-pDnE2R9s=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3650206/just-cause-3.0.gif

that aeroplane and heli scene. :hyper:

the grappling hook is the most badass weapon ever. :D

- - - Updated - - -

i dont know, but this game seems to have the ability to take down gtaV online. IF the online is properly implemented.

Plus, no microtransactions. great!! :)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Unless it has loads and loads of immersive side quests and a truly fabulous main story, i dont see why i would buy this game without MP.

Take fallout, witcher, Dragon age, mass effect for example.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Unless it has loads and loads of immersive side quests and a truly fabulous main story, i dont see why i would buy this game without MP.

Take fallout, witcher, Dragon age, mass effect for example.

Sir.. have you played Just Cause 2?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yes. 98% completion. the main story was quite short. and there were not many side quests.

IMO blowing up the fuel pumps, radar installations, capturing enemy territory, gathering chaos points as comprehensive side quests. the NPC side quests werent that many.

by, i loved the game for its environment and traversal mech. JC2 gave us a slice of a variety of environment LONG before GTAV was conceived. hats off to them for that.

and mods. awesome!!

Top Bottom