Just bought PS2 - I am so confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00by

Broken In
I just bought a PS2 from palika bazaar in new delhi. I got two dual shock controllers, magic gate 8 mb memory card and about 8-9 games. They are

God of war
Grand theft auto san andrea
prince of persia warrior within
metal gear 3 snake eater
wwf smackdown 2006
final fintasy x-2 (I think I got a wrong game here and in prince of persia. I was looking for the original ff-x and sands of time in persia. instead I got crap.)

need for speed something...
james bond game

Now, When I started playing a game (grand theft auto san andrea), I was completely confused.

I have played nintendo samurai games only.

So, the dula shock controller with its hundreds of buttons and controls and sticks and what not was a PAIN to use.

Then after some difficulty I manged to reach the hood(CJ icon) by entering a red beam or something.

Then After a few videos, I was asked by this guy sweet to follow him on a cycle.

I tried to. But, then this red car started shooting me. I never got past that as I always got killed. If by any chance I reached that CJ icon thing again, the video sweet and follow me on a bike would start all over again which was a pain.

Now when I stop the game and restart the game next day, I have to start all over again. I am unable to save the game as there is no option to save. only load, new and delete game.

I want to resume from where I left off. How do I do this?

I thought my memory card was wrong or something. So, I took it to to my vendor. He told me there was nothing wrong with the card or the console. But, he was also unaale to find the save option in san andrea game.

the same is the case with the god of war.

These are the only 2 games out of the 8-9 i bought that I have liked. But, I am unable to save them!

Also, I am finding it very difficult to use the controller. Is there a training mode in PS2 which helps me make myself comfortable with the controllers?

PLEASE HELP. I am all at sea here.... :roll: :shock:

Hells_Fury

In the zone
In GTA-SA, after you reach the hood, you have to go inside CJs house and wanl into the savegame market (floppy icon) to save the game.
In God of War, there are certain checkpoints where you can save the game. You can save only when you reach those checkpoints. Checkpoints appear like a vertical golden light beam. just walk into them to save your game.
Regarding the controller, in every game menu there is an option to configure controls or at least view the controller configuration.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
d00by said:
Also, I am finding it very difficult to use the controller. Is there a training mode in PS2 which helps me make myself comfortable with the controllers?
As such there is no training mode but if you are a first timer on the Playstation 2 or for that matter a Playstation controller then the best advice I can provide is better start playing beat-em-up games as they are very minimalistic on the controls.Using the Analog sticks can be a pain sometimes but in due course you'll get used to it.At start the controls might be a bit tacky but trust me it aint all that hard once you play constantly on it.

OP
d00by

d00by

Broken In
Hells_Fury said:
In GTA-SA, after you reach the hood, you have to go inside CJs house and wanl into the savegame market (floppy icon) to save the game.
In God of War, there are certain checkpoints where you can save the game. You can save only when you reach those checkpoints. Checkpoints appear like a vertical golden light beam. just walk into them to save your game.
Regarding the controller, in every game menu there is an option to configure controls or at least view the controller configuration.

Regarding GTA-SA, when I enter the red beam a video starts where the guy looks at a picture and is then interrupted by a guy. How do I go inside CJ's house? Do i go there before entering the red beam?

Can't I save a game at any point I want? My PS2 is modded NTSC 70006 version.

On a seperate note, which PS2 game(s) are the best for a PS2 noob like me to start with?

H

harsh bajpai

GTA SA is quite a difficult game for me. i did hear a lot about it but it didn't live up to it's name, for me atleast.
you better play prince of persia or resident evil or tekken or ...... there are loads of games why spend pecious time on GTA....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Huh! dude he has a PS2 and AFAIK games like Quake 4,Doom 3 arent there for the PS2.As a matter of Fact Doom 3 is currently onto just one console and that is the Xbox and Quake 4 on the Xbox 360.Plus these games would be too tough to handle on a PS2 controller as playing the FPS games on a PS2 is like taming a wild beast if you are a nOOb.

@d00by:Try games like Tekken 5,Devil May Cry 3,Burnout Revenge,Need For Speed MW etc. to just try your hands out on the controller.Btw you cant save all games at any point that you like.Some games have specific save areas which allow you to save the game only after you reach it.Also some games have auto save points which save the games at some desired points by itself.

H

harsh bajpai

@allwyndlima
thanks for the info i didn't know that.. and also i prefer the keyboard and mouse to gamepads or whateva they are called. i was never as comfortable playin on ps2 as i am with my pc.

con_tester

Journeyman
Yeah I agree...
PC's are more comfortable...

But there are games which are best only on console

On console
I like
NFS Underground 2
WWE : Smacdown Vs RAW
Resident Evil
Donald Duck...

Hells_Fury

In the zone
There are some really great games exclusive to the PS2 and not available for PCs. But if you are looking to play FPSs then its better to stick to the PC. The PS2 is better for action/adventure or racing/sports games.

pakkasir

Broken In
Well, the PS2 is available for Rs. 7800 in Palika Bazaar for those of you interested in knowing the price. An additional controller for Rs.500 and an 8 MB Memory stick is for Rs.700. Add games @ Rs.75 a piece. So for Rs. 9000 you get a hell of a system.
A graphics card upgrade costs as much( or more). So, in my opinion PS2 is definitely the way to go. And, in many cases the modded chip installed in the grey PS2 are also able to play VCSs, MP3s( An original PS2 only plays DVDs and that too of your region ) .

Hey, d00by google search for GTA San Andreas PS2 guide and you'll find step by step guide to finish the game in a day.( Try gamespot.com alternately )

arorohit

Broken In
GTA San Andreas Rocks

In my relation with my PS2 for last 2 years, GTA San Andreas is my favourite which took me around six months to complete. Yes I beat the GTA:SA which can be called in some type of achievment. Yes i admit that i played GTA:VC before and beat it to, that gave me some hands on experience while playing San Andreas. GTA:SA can be a tough game. My advice is go to some site and grab cheat codes of SA. Its plenty of them so dont get confused and just try to learn 3 important cheats . They are Decreasing your wanted level stars, Getting a new life (+ it also gives you thousands of dollars !) and Weapon cheat. With all this you can ride to GTA ride smoothely. It will take a bit of your time to get accustomed to it but its my ensurance to you that you will be hooked to it for couple of months.

gaurav4gurls

Broken In
PS2 in palika

HEy Dooby
U got the ps2 for how much dude.
Actually i am also planning to buy one so what are the rates.
Do you also remember the name of the shop from where u bought these in palika. And are the products gud. Coz i have heard that the products from palika dont work after some time
Gaurav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom