Status
Not open for further replies.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
[flAsh said:
]Rs.9500 4 Iomega 12X DVD writer
Rs.12000 4 Corsair Ram
Rs.1200 4 Antec 500 watt PSU

1.2k for Antec PSU and plus there's no trupower @ 500W only 480 and 550W!! ...................No offense dude but sumthng fishy ........ :D

Rajesh_K

Broken In
Sad to say, but I think you guys pay about 10k more than what we have to pay in Canada, and thats including 15% tax here.

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
blade_runner said:
1.2k for Antec PSU and plus there's no trupower @ 500W only 480 and 550W!! ...................No offense dude but sumthng fishy ........ :D

If what flash says is wrong, then how much does a 550 (or 480)W PSU from Antec cost?

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
Rajesh_K said:
Sad to say, but I think you guys pay about 10k more than what we have to pay in Canada, and thats including 15% tax here.

WOW! Only 10K more than Canada! India sure has progressed :( :cry: :x

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
theraven said:
antec 550w psu costs ard 4-5k

Yaaaaaahhhh! You got to be kidding! I wanted to buy a decent 480+W PSU, but at these prices, I will have to choose between a new GPU (that need at least 450W) and a new PSU (which, without a new GPU, will be a waste). Could anyone suggest a good 480-500 PSU that will fall under 1,500/-.

theraven

Technomancer
dun think its that cheap
but go ask abt powersafe
its a good company and not as expensive as antec
ofcourse its no antec either ;)

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
theraven said:
dun think its that cheap
but go ask abt powersafe
its a good company and not as expensive as antec
ofcourse its no antec either ;)

Thanks for the tip. I have got a few questions.
1) Are Powersafe PSUs reliable? I don't want to 'entrust' a new GPU to a PSU that can't deliver clean power.

2) What prices can I expect? I don't live in a metro, so the only way for me to get prices of hard-to-find hardware is to go to Delhi. I will be going in a few days, so any heads-up on the price will be appreciated.

3) Are you absolutely sure that Antec PSU actually cost that much?

theraven

Technomancer
as for powersafe i picked it up myself
a 400w one
i got a new cabinet with powersafe 400w for 2400
so u can guess the prices urself .. id say ard .... 1500-1700
ive had no problems with the brand and i think its better powersafe than generic cheaper PSU's
ofcourse all these PSU's dun have sata power connectors
u get those bridges in the market tho
for PSU with built in sata power connectors ...
well they are quite costly too .. since they are available only from bigger brands
and i havent seen one in the market yet
im quite sure some versions of antec provide this as well

AlphaOmega

Journeyman
theraven said:
o my goodness
i just looked it up
antec true550 was rated @9750 2 months back :D

What site do you use to check for hardware prices in India? I haven't found any worthwhile.....

theraven

Technomancer
no site
had this magazine ..
they had used it to build a pc
so they've written 9750 for an antec true550
and this was 2 months back
anyways there is one site
*business.vsnl.com/deltapage/price.htm
chennai prices .. but .. well close enuff

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Actually the price for trupower has been reduced to like 6-7k i think. Its the Antec Neopower that costs 9k. Raven how's the powersafe 400W PSu, i m in the process of getting a 400W PsU either Powersafe or VIP for my power hungry 9800pro. Plz reply quickly !

theraven

Technomancer
i would definitely suggest a powersafe
it has 2 fans ..
one that blows outside the cabinet ... ( the usual ) and another 80mm fan right on the opposite face of the first fan...
the look however is "gold" :(
but well anyways it performs well enuff
no problems whatsoever like i mentioned
5-6 IDE power cables
2 floppy power cables.
+1 atx power +1 p4 auxilry 4 point power

G

gxsaurav

Powersafe are really reliable, I had ordered one for my friend, for 2500, it works really fine & silent, came from mumbai, it's compared to Antec TruePower 430W, which I have & baught for 3.5 K, last year, powersafe are better then Antec because they are cheap & available in India, also the PSU is silent like Antec

Basically anything more then True 400 W is overkill in India, we don't have 6800Ultra ina avst quantity, & those who can buy a 6800Ultra can sure buy a 9K PSU

400W is enough to run a FX5950 Ultra or 6800nU, non overclocked

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
look alpha. I am not at all trying 2 dupe u ppl or take u 2 a ride.
I have got Antec trupower 500 in 1.2K. U can chek its website ie *www.antec-inc.com. U will get ur self clear man

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
6800nU demands at least of a 400watt PSU gaurav. In fact all of the NV40 core based crads demand 4 this

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
Taxes r much lower in New Delhi than any where else in India. That's why the product costs much less here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom