Joomla For Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarundham

Banned
Hi
I want to make my own website wid joomla so i want a free web host wid atleast 5GB free hosting and

1. PHP 5.2 +
  2. MySQL 4.1.x +
  3. Apache
    (with mod_mysql, mod_xml, 2.x+
    and mod_zlib)
  4. Microsoft IIS 7
plz reply soon

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I do not advise you to go with a free host, better get paid hosting. Free hosting sucks bigtime.

If you insists for a free one look for x10hosting or freehostia.

mrintech

Technomancer
Don't go for free host as you will suffer in near future. Better go for services from one of these at really affordable prices:

* *ewebguru.com/webhostingplans.php
* *outpowerhosting.com/main/index.php?page=webhosting
* *host4cheap.org/shared.php

For Free Host Option go for Freehostia: *freehostia.com/hosting.html

satyamy

Alive Again...
you can get any "Post to Host" type free one but my suggestion is if you sincerely want to make site dont waste your time in Free Hosting

better go for a paid one
Paid hosting are real cheap these days
you can find some good hosting from digit member also

host4cheap.org - Sukhdeep
ewebguru.com - Ashok
whost.in - Ravi

mrintech

Technomancer
More free host options, but requires forum posting there:

* *www.trap17.com/
* *www.frihost.com/

Good Service ;)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
you can get any "Post to Host" type free one but my suggestion is if you sincerely want to make site dont waste your time in Free Hosting

better go for a paid one
Paid hosting are real cheap these days
you can find some good hosting from digit member also

host4cheap.org - Sukhdeep
ewebguru.com - Ashok
whost.in - Ravi
Thanks for recommendation....
Yes, paid hosting is much better than free hosting. If you don't want to invest money, prefer post to host service.

Either get paid hosting or (personal choice) see if you can manage with wikidot.com. Its an awesome service and their software is highly customisable, and you are even allowed to use own domains for free.

For a simple, neat, feature rich, well supported and high traffic blog, I suggest wordpress.com. You can buy upgrades like custom CSS Editing and own domain name for just 15$ per year.

I use wordpress.com and find it much much better than blogger.com because of the excellent community support and great developers who keep adding more and more features every few weeks. I love its free 3GB webspace but it allows only ODT, PPT, Image, and a few similar file formats for free, unless you purchase an upgrade for 30$ an year which gives you 8GB webspace. All bandwidth is unlimited and they actually encourage submitions to digg.com, slashdot.org, etc.

As for wikidot.com, its a wiki software with great features, and is highly editable and you are allowed to use own themes, domains, etc, and allows you to use its file hosting serivce too for free, but the main and only downside is that you need to learn wiki editing language which wouldn't take more than a few hours of patience to learn.

^^+1

When something is free, there is always a catch:

With wikidot.com, you need to learn editing its templates since free templates are rare, and you also need to learn wiki.

With GNU/Linux, you need to learn a lot of internals before fully being able to use the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom