Joining into Defense forces

sanithkk81

Broken In
Hi,

I am currently working in a MNC but interested to apply for AFCAT, IMA and CDS exams next year.:) What kind of preperation is required for cracking these examinations? Please suggest me some books which will be helpful. As far as physical fitness is concerned whether a chisled body like salman is required or a medium build is enough?

And for SSB interviews please suggest me some books for pschological interview because I don't know what kind of answers and qualities interviewers expect from the candidates.

Waiting for your valuable responses.

Here are my two cents :-

1.Firstly improve your GK , Start reading the newspaper daily . Daily .

2. Try to play some game ( SSB needs flexible body and that will help ) No need to build body for that . Make sure you have enough stamina . Quit Smoking , Drinking . Try to make sure you have basic level of fitness.

3. You can go for Appti books that come for CDS . If you can solve that , It will be enough ! Books for interview also come .

PS :- Never Fake your personality in the SSB interview. Even if you think those are bad points be HONEST !

OP
sanithkk81

sanithkk81

Broken In
There are individual tasks and team tasks in SSB like tiger jump, rope climbing, monkey climbing etc. Whether these tasks change every year? And one of my friends attended air force SSB interview. There they asked about my friend's friends and family members. They asked who is your best friend? Why he is your best friend? What you guys do together? Whether you fight with your sister? Why you fight with your sister? etc. He gave some answers it seems but he got rejected. :( So what exactly the interviewer expect ?

He expects you to be Honest and what there criteria is beyond me .

The physical tasks are more or less same every year.

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
Even i wanted to join Defense services! But because of my eyesight i'll not be able to apply, untill and unless the Laser Eyesight Correction procedure gain ground!

OP
sanithkk81

sanithkk81

Broken In
I interacted with some of my friends who are into defense and they said that during SSB interviewers prefer sports presons. And I am not that much into sports but I am physically fit. So should I join my office football team to prove that I also into sports ?

Top Bottom