Job Options after doing ECE engineering

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Its a good stream second only to CSE, if job is what you are after.
Depending on your college and your personal merit you can get into anything from a tech company(TI, Broadcom etc) to banking(GS and the like) to consultancy(TCS).
But the options are heavily influenced by the college you study in, unless you are confident of off-campus recruitment drives.

OP
S

sharang

Broken In
I am sure of getting placed by college into an IT Consultancy,but I have no interest in programming.Should I take it

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I'd say its a matter of personal opinion. If you absolutely dont want it, then dont. But then again no matter where you het placed, its always going to some or other form of coding most probably. Even the so called 'core' jobs arent hardware in the sense most people take it - youll be writing scripts and stuff instead of objects and classes in C. Think about it. Talk to your seniors as well.

amjath

Human Spambot
I'd say its a matter of personal opinion. If you absolutely dont want it, then dont. But then again no matter where you het placed, its always going to some or other form of coding most probably. Even the so called 'core' jobs arent hardware in the sense most people take it - youll be writing scripts and stuff instead of objects and classes in C. Think about it. Talk to your seniors as well.

+1
exactly, diploma students are preferred for working on hardware related things. As a engineer they prefer you working on software like embedded C, device drivers, signal processing softwares and may be Java

Top Bottom