Jio Fiber or Airtel Xtream or any other?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
*www.speedtest.net/result/12144313885.png

I wonder, why is there a difference among the download and upload speeds? Even after acquiring Optical Cable Fiber Broadband line :chinscratch:
Any light to shed upon it @whitestar_999 and others???

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Lol i pinged to that server and this is what i got

*www.speedtest.net/result/12144446047.png

while these are the speed to my nearest server

*www.speedtest.net/result/12144449503.png

i think you shud also check on fast.com once to ensure the issue is not of the server.

kg11sgbg

Thanks, @RumbaMon19, my friend.
Now I tested and got this:--->

EXTREMELY SATISFIED:--->
Screenshot 2021-10-06 181037.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now I tested and got this:--->
Real world file upload rates depend on many factors incl the server you are uploading to. Also just because your connection upload speed is high does not mean every server will let you upload at that same high speed.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Real world file upload rates depend on many factors incl the server you are uploading to. Also just because your connection upload speed is high does not mean every server will let you upload at that same high speed.

yupp, from my experience, downloads from g-drive and other google servers offers the best download/upload speed. There are some brands like realtek who despite being so old and rich, cant spend enough on there server to provide stable speeds on drivers. most of the time it is in kbps, not even a single mbps.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yupp, from my experience, downloads from g-drive and other google servers offers the best download/upload speed. There are some brands like realtek who despite being so old and rich, cant spend enough on there server to provide stable speeds on drivers. most of the time it is in kbps, not even a single mbps.
Google & Microsoft services will always give highest download speeds in most cases because of their widely spread servers all over the world so you mostly get connected to server physically nearest to your location. Many other sites also use CDNs which function in a similar way resulting in relatively much better download speeds.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^What about peer to peer downloading speed in torrent? Will it be considered as a speed test?
Peer-to-peer download speed only depends on your ISP & peers ISP connection speed & quality. Unless your peers are also on high speed good quality connections(like many seeders are on good seedboxes on good pvt trackers) you can't assume p2p downloading as speed test.

kg11sgbg

I think obsession with internet speed doesn't matter anymore. Latency is important if you are gaming, and reliability is second most important thing.
After 30 mbps, it's all the same (IMHO)
But is that so?
60Mbps EQUIVALENT TO 200Mbps with 5ms PING?
Please clarify ,bro.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
But is that so?
60Mbps EQUIVALENT TO 200Mbps with 5ms PING?
Please clarify ,bro.

Yes bro, If you play csgo, but have a bad ping and good speed, then the NME will get advantage and kill

but if you have lower ping than your enemy, and even with low speed (here low is relative, that is it needs to be atleast above the minimum requirements and not a speed of 512kbps as that will offcourse take time to transfer data) then you winnn

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Yes bro, If you play csgo, but have a bad ping and good speed, then the NME will get advantage and kill

but if you have lower ping than your enemy, and even with low speed (here low is relative, that is it needs to be atleast above the minimum requirements and not a speed of 512kbps as that will offcourse take time to transfer data) then you winnn
Isn't that latency speed depends on nearest server?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't that latency speed depends on nearest server?
It also depends on the path your ISP takes to reach that nearest server so for example an ISP with bad routing will send the data packet from Mumbai to New York before sending it to server in Singapore while another isp may send teh data packet directly from Mumbai to Singapore.

OP
TigerKing

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
It also depends on the path your ISP takes to reach that nearest server so for example an ISP with bad routing will send the data packet from Mumbai to New York before sending it to server in Singapore while another isp may send teh data packet directly from Mumbai to Singapore.
How to find bad/good routing while choosing ISP? As not all games server in Singapore though. So as per this some games will be having good latency or some not.
Is that routing is random? Or fixed? Can user request ISP for fixing this issue?
Also is it different for different area for same ISP?

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
How to find bad/good routing while choosing ISP? As not all games server in Singapore though. So as per this some games will be having good latency or some not.
Is that routing is random? Or fixed? Can user request ISP for fixing this issue?
Also is it different for different area for same ISP?
Ask friend to run these
tracert lol.garena.com (url or ip) in windows
traceroute lol.garena.com (in Linux).

No isp cares about fixing these.

If your isp routing is pathetic, like routing through austrailia to Singapore, vpn will help.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
How are pings in Jio compared to Airtel? I'm mostly interested in pings to Singapore and EU (Germany at least).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to find bad/good routing while choosing ISP? As not all games server in Singapore though. So as per this some games will be having good latency or some not. Is that routing is random? Or fixed? Can user request ISP for fixing this issue? Also is it different for different area for same ISP?
No way to know in advance other than asking existing suers to run tests like mentioned above. This is setup by highest level of ISP technical dept so obviously no way to request them to do anything unless you get extremely lucky. It is almost always same for entire region(aka cities & in case of national ISPs like reliance & airtel even states) for same ISP.

kg11sgbg

How are pings in Jio compared to Airtel? I'm mostly interested in pings to Singapore and EU (Germany at least).

Server: Singapore
*www.speedtest.net/result/12176608685.png

Server: Germany
*www.speedtest.net/result/12176614852.png

Top Bottom