Jio Fiber or Airtel Xtream or any other?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You should worry more about CGNAT as it seems airtel & jio are shifting to it.

See above, if CGNAT then nothing you do matters but if not then when you connect two routers via lan/wds & where secondary router is configured as AP/extender then DHCP & NAT already disabled so secondary router has no role to play regarding port forwarding anywhere on network.
Then how do people seed torrents on such ISPs? Third party seedbox?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
FYI Nokia routers configured by tata sky has 2 passwords, one doesnt let you access the advanced panel and configure anything.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I only have one password which is the login password. I didn't see any option for a second password in the options.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
userAdmin:tsbb@123 <--- locked user control panel

admin:<mac Id last 8 characters printed on back> <--- unlocked user control panel.

This is for the white Nokia gpon router that was installed in my apartment, it may have changed.

Fyi Tata sky bb users, you get ipv6 for free, get it activated.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This is for the white Nokia gpon router
This is exactly the one I have. I'll try this out and see.

However, I will be moving to another flat next month and the building I'll be living in provides Airtel and Jio, so I will have to choose one of these next month. Do you know which router do these provide?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
admin:<mac Id last 8 characters printed on back> <--- unlocked user control panel.
I have been using this, but still port forwarding does not work.

You mean username as "admin" and password as the last eight characters of MAC, right?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have found out a way to bypass that. It has worked for nokia 2425g router

What i am doing is, taking that backup configuration file, then decrypting it. this way that configuration can be reverse engineered. All the values are stored in a xml file including wifi password.

with that, i was able to enable telnet in the router, also i was able to change all of the greyed out settings. I had changed the channel, enabled telnet, Also there is the option to remove tr069 client, as that is what used by airtel to change the settings from there side. I was also able to enable both ipv4 and ipv6 in the wan settings, but since that needs to be configured from back, it couldnt work.

Also got some interesting information like the chip used is MTK7528 about which i am not able to find any datasheet online.

I am not mentioning the exact guideline here now, but maybe do in some time. Also, It can be very dangerous as if any wrong value is changed, there is a high probability the device may brick.

And one more thing, any idea what enabling the IPTV option does? like, airtel didnt mention about any such service for tv etc, xstream box uses dish for live tv instead of net.
I found a simpler way. Use dev tools in browser to inspect the airtel router settings webpage & there change the grayed out wifi channel to manual/fixed wifi channel as per your requirement.

IPTV option is specially for IPTV streaming over net connection, service provider may choose to use this option in router or provide a separate set top box for iptv without giving net connection as usual like jio giga TV.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I have been using this, but still port forwarding does not work.

You mean username as "admin" and password as the last eight characters of MAC, right?
Yes that's what I meant. Portforwarding will not work out of the box because you do not have a static IP assigned. You can request static IP with ipv4 (probably paid) or just get ipv6 and have static IP built in( no portforwarding required), but only accessible from other ipv6 internet like jio4g. Ipv6 is very good, no such thing as NATing an ipv6 connection. Plenty of addresses for all the people on earth and more.

Think of it like this, if you are under a NAT and your public IP is being used by your entire apartment, how would someone hitting your publicip: port from outside your network redirect to your pc, it could be anyone in your apartment.

That's the reason u need a static ip (ipv4) or ipv6

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I have found out a way to bypass that. It has worked for nokia 2425g router

What i am doing is, taking that backup configuration file, then decrypting it. this way that configuration can be reverse engineered. All the values are stored in a xml file including wifi password.

with that, i was able to enable telnet in the router, also i was able to change all of the greyed out settings. I had changed the channel, enabled telnet, Also there is the option to remove tr069 client, as that is what used by airtel to change the settings from there side. I was also able to enable both ipv4 and ipv6 in the wan settings, but since that needs to be configured from back, it couldnt work.

Also got some interesting information like the chip used is MTK7528 about which i am not able to find any datasheet online.

I am not mentioning the exact guideline here now, but maybe do in some time. Also, It can be very dangerous as if any wrong value is changed, there is a high probability the device may brick.

And one more thing, any idea what enabling the IPTV option does? like, airtel didnt mention about any such service for tv etc, xstream box uses dish for live tv instead of net.
Could you care Friend ,to post the steps in details?
I mean how did you reverse engineer?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Are you able to see your opened port on canyouseeme.org?
No that will never work, with a standard connection but using my ipv6 address, nearly all ports were open.

But upnp was enough for seeding torrents. Even without ipv6.

Fyi I've left pune and no longer have Tata sky.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I found a simpler way. Use dev tools in browser to inspect the airtel router settings webpage & there change the grayed out wifi channel to manual/fixed wifi channel as per your requirement.

IPTV option is specially for IPTV streaming over net connection, service provider may choose to use this option in router or provide a separate set top box for iptv without giving net connection as usual like jio giga TV.
But how do we change the settings in grayed out wifi channel?
How do I input the numbers?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have upnp enabled but no dice. Upload speed is mostly 0. Sometimes it's a few kbps but not for long.
Check in your router settings under upnp settings whether your pc/system upnp connection & port is showing like this:
1632234322440.png

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I found a simpler way. Use dev tools in browser to inspect the airtel router settings webpage & there change the grayed out wifi channel to manual/fixed wifi channel as per your requirement
I tried that, it is not working for changing settings under settings>Wan> and most of them are greyed out. After removing all the disabled attributes, it gives error in the form of pop-up saying: "This cannot be done by user". I actually want to enable bridge mode as I am thinking to use SIP to make and recieve calls from my PC. In the backup file I also found the password for SIP and other details.

Could you care Friend ,to post the steps in details?
I mean how did you reverse engineer?

Only do this if you need SIP password or want to change WAN settings, For wifi channel, you can simply inspect element, then right click specifically on the greyed text field and again inspect element. You will find a disabled attribute there like this in the highlighted line, just before the closing angle bracket. Remove that by double clicking specifically on disabled and deleting the text from the field.

1632235247246.png

Now to reverse engineer, there was a option under maintenance>backup and restore to export a backup file. I exported the .cfg file. It was encrypted so in order to decrypt i searched on the net and found amazing script on github

Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent router backup configuration tool

This a python script which generates output in the form of XML file. The XML file can be used to edit the values acc. to need and then again encrypt the xml to config.cfg file.

After that just upload it and enjoy.

But this has a high potential to brick you device so better not do this.

I have enabled telnet, enabled SIP, Enabled bridge mode and got password to airtel SIP servers, Now I am able to place calls using YATE like VOIP apps. Just like MyJIO or JioCall app for jioFiber devices.

Also, After installing python, dont forget to install pycrypto library.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent router backup configuration tool

This a python script which generates output in the form of XML file. The XML file can be used to edit the values acc. to need and then again encrypt the xml to config.cfg file.

After that just upload it and enjoy.

But this has a high potential to brick you device so better not do this.

I have enabled telnet, enabled SIP, Enabled bridge mode and got password to airtel SIP servers, Now I am able to place calls using YATE like VOIP apps. Just like MyJIO or JioCall app for jioFiber devices.

Also, After installing python, dont forget to install pycrypto library.
Good find! Btw what exactly is the use of pycrypto library in this scenario.

Top Bottom