Jaxtr Allows Free SMS to 38 Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
[UPDATED]:Jaxtr's Free SMS(to 38 Countries)service over

UPDATE:Now you get only a link to jaxtr's wap site which you need to open to read the recieved message, unlike earlier when you received the message on your phone. So the service isn't fully free as the receiver has to pay GPRS access charges

---------------------------------------------------------
17-04-08, At 7.41PM
Jaxtr has announced that members can now send free SMS to anyone worldwide, whether or not the recipient is a jaxtr member. With this new service, free text messages can be sent to mobile phones in 38 countries directly from the member's jaxtr home page. Basic jaxtr membership is free, and the new international SMS service is available to all jaxtr members.

READ MORE

Last edited:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
They will close down the service within a month like all other previous services after realizing their mistake in introducing such things in India. :D

Pat

Beyond Smart
Aha..you seem to have missed the catch..Max size of one sms can be only 65 characters! So I presume they are going to append text ads before sending it just as other service providers currently do!

OP
T

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Aha..you seem to have missed the catch..Max size of one sms can be only 65 characters! So I presume they are going to append text ads before sending it just as other service providers currently do!

Your username and the weburl for mobile is shown where you can reply to the message

Pat

Beyond Smart
I have been using way2sms and 160by2 since a long time! Is there anything special that this one provides ?

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Only Aasma.com And Indyarocks.com Works 4 Me.

Indyarocks = No Limit, + Phonebook + Group Sms. Really Rocks

slugger

Banned
Jaxtr SMS worked fine with me - appears to be unlimited

Sent SMS-es to a lot of cities across India reached [tho all of them use Airtel and Idea]

but if you try to call up someone u get a US number to dial instaed of a local number :(

slugger

Banned

what use

tho they have updated it to include 155 countries in the SMS list, they have also stopped sending the SMS [will it still be called SMS?] directly into the recipients inbox

have to go online to check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom