Status
Not open for further replies.

suniltr77

Broken In
please help me for a problem I am facing in my computer . Why l am unable to load java on my computer. My model is ACER Aspire 1360 . I have downloaded the file.from *java.com/en/download/help/5000010400.xml,which is only 16 MB when I try to load Java ,the next time problem starts like computer will not shut down, showing a .dll file missing .the sound card is not working some other programs (related mostly to A/V)are also not working. .I have Windows XP service pack II installed on the computer During installation it gave no warning .problem remains even after unstallation of java I had to upgrade my windows only then the system gets O.K. This happened 2 times.I gave up.Please advice

sakumar79

Technomancer
To install JRE, another way is to get a recent AutoPatcher from a magazine CD... These days, it is included... Another option is to get Opera with Java download...

Arun

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hmm suniltr77. How is JRE just 16 MB. Check the link you have posted. The offline installer is far bigger than that. I guess you are trying to install a corrupt download. Can't say if system problems are occuring due to that.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Windows XP Service Packs always give lot of problems!! First uninstall JRE from your
System and download JRE 5.0 Update 7 from here :
*java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
The file size is 18.23 MB (offline installation).
Goodluck.

OP
S

suniltr77

Broken In
sakumar79 said:
To install JRE, another way is to get a recent AutoPatcher from a magazine CD... These days, it is included... Another option is to get Opera with Java download...

Arun
Please give a link.Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom