JAVA PROGRAMMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

h4ck3r

Great man...

You must have atleast more than average knowledge of JAVA to code a chess game. After coding it you will get a real idea of java becoz u have to construct a menu,some buttons,very tedious.
The syntax for button in JAVA is very long. But here in VB its just drag and drop using the ide.

I always and almost stick on to VB unless situation demands a specific language skill. You can use JAVA applets in the web and JAVA programs in the internet..becoz it is a secure programming lang.When it comes to app progamming switch to VB or C.No offence just the fact mentioned below
"A good programmer uses a good programming language."

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Re: Great man...

h4ck3r said:
You must have atleast more than average knowledge of JAVA to code a chess game. After coding it you will get a real idea of java becoz u have to construct a menu,some buttons,very tedious.
The syntax for button in JAVA is very long. But here in VB its just drag and drop using the ide.

I always and almost stick on to VB unless situation demands a specific language skill. You can use JAVA applets in the web and JAVA programs in the internet..becoz it is a secure programming lang.When it comes to app progamming switch to VB or C.No offence just the fact mentioned below
"A good programmer uses a good programming language."

Syntax becomes irrelevant when you talk of IDE's. I can do almost anything anyone does in VB using java and a java IDE. So that is a misconception. However hes right in the sense use VB for coding windows based gaming applications. All of the major games today are coded in C++ by the way

allajunaki

Journeyman
VB is great for Creating Simple apps, But when we are talking about a Chess game or any similarly Complex Task, we need to talk about Multithreading.
And i found VB6's File support is pathetic (Java has amazing File Handling).
Now that Can only be achecived in VC++ or Java .

Java's GUI is more Flexible(and hence complex). And if u wanna a create a Chess game, U need to junk the conventional GUI anyways.

Java's main weakness is the fact that its a lil slow and needs JRE to work.

But then again, the above mentioned problems are non existent in VB.NET .
VB.NET is as powerful as C# or any other language out there.
But that wont write off java completly, It is still most popular Mobile Application Platform (J2ME) and sheer number of Builtin classes and methods provided by java cannot be beaten..

Also Heard that Java recently ventured in Mobile Phone OS ( I think i read it @ inquirer.net , or some RSS feed)

H

h4ck3r

what do u mean by tht ???

Tht post means tht u can do anything tht is done in vb in java..maybe u can..but a clever programmer would go for quick and effiecient programs..when i talk abt vb and java i dont wana speak abt efficiency but tht doesnt mean tht a java program is easy and non-time consuming unlike vb. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom